Book In Advance

from US$ 112.00
from US$ 93.00
from US$ 68.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Every salar that we visited looked different and Salar de Atacama had its own beauty. The rough surface, with colorful puddles and lagoons, is magnificent to behold both up close and from far away, Chaxa Lagoon (reviewed separately) is a great place to experience Salar de Atacama.

1  Thank FactotumDellaCitta
Reviewed 19 March 2016

They say that the sunset views are different every day but always remarkable. For safety reasons they have zoned off the surface from walkers, so no repetition of my previous visit when I rescued a lady's hat which had blown off! Visits are usually part of tours to Laguna Cejar, which is less saline than the Dead Sea but impressive nonetheless.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

I could have soaked in this salt lagune for days. My body felt light as a feather and 100% better after swiming here. The scenery is beyond anything imaginable. I had never been to a place so beautiful and wonderous, and I have been to many places. I loved it and hightly recomend a visit.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

I loved this place - the isolation and beauty of it. I got a great shot of the flamingos flying across the volcano - it's a wonderful place for photographers. But then, Chile is full of wonderful places. Take plenty of memory cards and be patient wating for the light.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

This trip was great. We hired some tour guides in San Pedro to take us around the salt flats, the valley of the moon, and other lakes up in the mountains near the Bolivian/Argentinian border. Great sites and the guides helped us explaining a lot of historical events surrounding the areas we visited.