“Healing Oasis”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 33.00*
and up
Cejar Lagoon Half-Day Tour from San Pedro de...
Ranked #3 of 41 things to do in Antofagasta
More attraction details
Owner description: This vast salt lake is blanketed by a thick crust of salt and attracts some interesting varieties of birds including several different types of flamingos.
Reviewed 19 January 2016

I could have soaked in this salt lagune for days. My body felt light as a feather and 100% better after swiming here. The scenery is beyond anything imaginable. I had never been to a place so beautiful and wonderous, and I have been to many places. I loved it and hightly recomend a visit.

Date of experience: January 2016
"rock"
"cover"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 28 November 2015

I loved this place - the isolation and beauty of it. I got a great shot of the flamingos flying across the volcano - it's a wonderful place for photographers. But then, Chile is full of wonderful places. Take plenty of memory cards and be patient wating for the light.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed 23 November 2015

This trip was great. We hired some tour guides in San Pedro to take us around the salt flats, the valley of the moon, and other lakes up in the mountains near the Bolivian/Argentinian border. Great sites and the guides helped us explaining a lot of historical events surrounding the areas we visited.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Go there! Do the tour. It is such a unique experience and one of the places in the world that makes you feel truly special for having been. I would love to return one day. Yes, so the journey to get there is long and bumpy but you will not regret it! Sure, it's expensive too but not compared to the truly unique experience that it is! The date of travel is not correct - went a few years ago but the tour experience has stayed with me and was one of the highlights in our South American tour!

Date of experience: October 2014