“Spend a bit more and go to a 5star hotel”
Review of Tara Angkor Hotel

Tara Angkor Hotel
Ranked #90 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I was very happy when I arrived. Hotel looked good from outside, lobby was very relaxing, they offered a refreshing towel & lemongrass tea during check-in, wifi was free and worked with minor issues even from room. I was given a room on the 4th floor which I thought was great as I like to be away from noise. Room was big and so was bathroom. Breakfast buffet was okay. I also have to say that unfortunately my stay turned out to be an unpleasant one.
If you are a light sleeper like I am try to ask for a room away from the pool/water fountain - windows are not sound proof.
If you enjoy a decent shower pressure try to get a room on a lower floor. Besides that be careful when showering as water temperature oscilates often from super hot to super cold in a matter of seconds.
If you cannot sleep at night because you can't stop itching yourself, and get off of bed in the morning with red marks in your body do not hesitate to request a room change! This happened to me, and ruined my first day in the city once I was exausted. Management gave me a new room at the end of the day, and staff tried hard to make me feel comfortable. For as much as I can understand this things may happen from time to time I would not stay there again. I have higher expectations on 4star-hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank A P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

The hotel has nice ambience with nicely decorated lobby.
The room is clean and big. Breakfast has decent selection of western and asian food with indoor and outdoor seating.
We enjoyed chill out by the pool with nice cocktail from the bar.
I would have given them excellent rating if not because of embarassing incident during our check out.

apparently one of our 4 rooms didnt have laundry bag and of course we didnt notice that as we dint use their laundry service.
There were about 4 or 5 people went to check our room left us cluelessly waiting at the lobby for 15 mins till one of the lady incharge ( I assume she is the manager of the day) asked us to pay for the missing laundry bag which we never seen before. She with her rude loud voice right infront of everyone at the lobby told us that "every room has laundry bag" and we have to pay for it.
Felt humilated with this, I argued and challanged them to check out bags. after all the arguments she ended up asking us to write on the small note that we didnt see any laundry bag in the room.
Her PR skill is definitely a BIG NO as the person in charge for the front line !!! I gave Zero for her ! This is really a big shame for the hotel !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Yukiari_2000
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Valued Client,

Greeting from Tara Angkor Hotel Siem Reap

Thank you for your taking time to write us on trip advisor, we're regret to hearing your unsatisfied of the laundry bag story and kindly note that as per 4 star ranking all amenities or items which are support a convenience stay of all client must be completely as procedure, hence upon checking out of any of our valued client will re ask from front desk as their duty and we're very sorry if this task of our role disturbing you.

As per our goal and objective, all comment are very valued for us to bring up to improve to reach all guest satisfaction.

Tara Angkor Team

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of an organised trip operated by beyond unique escapes (who were excellent) so can't comment on the price as accommodation was included. Hotel was very comfortable and provided us with a perfect base for exploring Siem Reap. Our room was very big, clean and had everything you would expect whilst staying in a hotel. The breakfast choices were very good and included a variety of cuisines from around the world. During the evenings we usually got a tuk tuk to pub street or the markets and would only pay $2 which meant that we were close enough to the action without being surrounded by it all of the time. Nice pool but as the weather wasn't the best we only used it for a dip and didn't do much sunbathing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Only sad thing is they don't offer late check outs..But otherwise food is good! Service is awesome and it feels 5stars! We didn't expect the hotel to look this good based on what we had paid! The bathrooms are excellent!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I enjoy shower and breakfast at this hotel. Selection of breakfast dishes can be compare with five stars hotel and taste is good except coffee. Water flow from shower is powerful with very stable temperature. Similar to water jet massage.
Recommend this hotel to person who aware of value for price paid.
-Good size rooms
-Clean
-Friendly service
-Superb breakfast
-Powerful shower with stable showering temperature
-10 mins to Angkor Wat/Old market by Tuktuk