“Nice hotel with a few issues...”
Review of Tara Angkor Hotel

Tara Angkor Hotel
Ranked #89 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Hotel was really impressive when we arrived, very large, clean and looked like a good 4 star hotel.
We were taken to our room but I have to admit is smelled very bad, of a public toilet so I called reception and it was changed immediately. There was no apology or explanation and I would have expected something for this hassle such as a free drink or a better room but we were moved directly across the hallway!

Dinner was great, outside area, beautifully lit and relaxing.
Hotel is really close to angkor temples which is handy.

One night we returned to the hotel late and I asked for the room service menu, but the kitchen had already closed which was really disappointing as it was 10.15pm and the menu states up until 10.30pm.

The spa I found a little unprofessional. I booked a facial and a male friend booked a full body massage half an hour before. When I arrived for my facial they took me to the same room as my friend and asked me to strip!! After explaining to them I wanted a seperate room the staff giggled a lot and although apologised it was still quite embarrassing for everyone involved. Again, nothing was offered in the form of apology! I had to be taken to a room within the main hotel for my facial which was a bit annoying.

It was a nice hotel and no problems with the comfort of the room but I don't think I would return here again, there are plenty of other hotels in Siem Reap.

Must point out that breakfast was really very good a lot on offer and much choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Warmest Greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel,
We were honored that you have chosen the Tara Angkor Hotel during your visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. The Team hopes that this response will finds you well and that you had a safe trip.
On behalf of the Tara Angkor Hotel Team it was our pleasure to welcome you at our hotel in Siem Reap. If this encountered of any inconveniences during your stay please do not hesitate to comment on them. As we are constantly striving to improve our standards and exceed guest’s expectations we take guests’ comments very seriously.
We would like to thank you again for having chosen to experience the Tara Angkor hotel and hope that this experience has been a memorable one.
The Tara Angkor Hotel Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I would largely agree with all the positive reviews here - it is beautiful, particularly the outdoor dining area, but unfortunately I ordered the Cordon Bleu chicken, and discovered (towards the end of eating it) that the chicken wasn't cooked at one end. I didn't complain at the time, as I was tired and didn't want to make a fuss, so can't comment on the staff response to this. I did, however, have to visit a medical facility in Saigon a few days later with severe diarrhoea and sickness. This was a shame, as everything else had been lovely.
I would have to say that the ladies in the spa could have been a bit more professional. My partner and I were told to strip completely and don a robe. Unfortunately the small robe meant that my partner was slightly 'exposed'. The masseurs were talking in Cambodian and really giggling about this, which ruined the relaxed atmosphere. I understand that it is comical - I can see the funny side - but feel that professionals should not make guests feel uncomfortable during an expensive massage.

Stayed: April 2012

Warmest Greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel,
We were honored that you have chosen the Tara Angkor Hotel during your visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. The Team hopes that this email finds you well and that you had a safe trip.
On behalf of the Tara Angkor Hotel Team it was our pleasure to welcome you at our hotel in Siem Reap. we are accepting on the issue as ti's encountered of inconveniences during your stay . As we are constantly striving to improve our standards and exceed guest’s expectations we take guests’ comments very seriously.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed with this hotel for 3 days and it didnt fail to impress us, cold towels & welcome drinks upon arrival, fast check in process, and personalized tour of the hotel from a staff of front office which was really great. Rooms are nice but we had an instance that we are just chatting in a normal tone and the other room which happened to be our cousins can clearly hear what were talking about. Breakfast was good and had many choices to choose from although some dining staffs are limited and quite overwhelmed. They even gave free cocktail drink coupon at Lily Lounge which was really good! Upon check out 3 staffs assisted us for our baggage which made loading our luggage fast.

Its truly a nice experience to stay at this hotel Ill sure come back!

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Valued Client,

On behalf of the Tara Angkor Hotel Team it was our pleasure to welcome you at our hotel in Siem Reap. If you encountered any inconveniences during your stay please do not hesitate to comment on them. As we are constantly striving to improve our standards and exceed guest’s expectations we take guests’ comments very seriously.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We loved the Tara Angkor Hotel. My lady and I arrived by shuttle from the airport to the hotel and I guess because we had a suite, they treated us like royalty! We received drinks, scarfs and desserts and the check in process was very easy. We also got a free massage each!The room was nice and big. One day, I will definitely go back to Angkor Wat and I will be staying at the Tara!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2012

After backpacking around vietnam for 2 weeks we needed a nice hotel as a base to enjoy the fabulous sites of Siem Reap and surrounding areas. It was excellent value for money.
Lovely rooms, huge good quality breakfast choices, nice pool area with free towels.
Tuk tuks into town $2 do no let them charge anymore, always negotiate before getting in.
Cannot fault this hotel, exactly as it advertises which in my view deserves an excellent rating.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends