See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

As a first-time solo traveller, I couldn't have been more pleased or well taken care of.
This hotel exudes the best of Old World charm. Both in decor of which I loved the warmth and character of the lush garden surroundings. To the staff's eagerness to please, from Airport pickup to full staff greeting (with complementary drink!).
The owner and manager are amazing! They went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed/that I visited all that I wanted and that my visit to Cambodia would be a wonderfully memorable one.
The restaurant food was great -the cook super friendly.
There was always staff that spoke English. My room was clean, air-conditioned and I liked crossing a little bridge over small pond/garden to get to.
I absolutely recommend!

Shirley, Montreal, Canada

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Shirley Y
Management response:Responded 20 November 2016

Dear Shirley Y,
A true pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us! I would like to thank you very much on behalf of our team for your fantastic feedback, For your kindness taking your value of time to share your great experience with us.
Thank you very much Shirley!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,
Best Regards,
Leang K,

Reviewed 27 June 2016

This hotel came highly recommended by a friend of ours during for our stay at the end of May. Might I say it did not disappoint! Great friendly staff, always helpful and full of energy and smiles. Had the opportunity to meet the owner-she was very accommodating. During our stay some rooms was in renovation and upgrades process to give some outdated facelift.

Our room was cleaned, comfortable bed /bedding and very roomy, most importantly air conditioned. Despite the renovation they managed to offere a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. We didn't mind the dirt road to the Old Martket/Pub Street just a Tuk Tuk away (free, curtesy of hotel) for some interesting local living.

Don't be fooled by the cheap budget price-they offer free breakfast, amazing service and they go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. Did I mentioned the the quiet relaxing lush garden and beautiful pool? We would definitely go back again next time we visit. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: May 2016
4  Thank Elva_Kian
Tevorn Y, Director of Sales at Lotus Garden Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Thank so much for your take value of time to write about the review at lotus Garden and For your kindness sharing the great experience with us, Let me know when you are here again or You have any friends or Families coming over in Siem Reap. We will definitely look after them, Thanks so again,
Look Forward to welcoming you again soon.
Leang,

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Set in the heart of Boeung Dounhpa Village, Slar Kram Commune, Siem Reap far from the action of Pub Street and on a bumpy dirt road lies Lotus Garden Boutique Hotel. This hotel has been newly owned and managed by Canadian-Cambodians since February 2016. The rooms are spacious but the bathrooms in the rooms we were offered were worn and outdated. The staff are indeed friendly and very attentive. There is a swimming pool flanked by a restaurant where we ate breakfast included in the price of the room. The restaurant was not in operation otherwise. There is a neighbour's house overlooking the pool area who is renovating, and his sawing disturbed any poolside tranquility in the evening. On our first morning we were faced with no running water and were offered another, bigger room at no additional expense. This room had the same warn tiles in the bathroom and a torn shower curtain where a bug invaded my privacy following my shower. During our second night we were awakened by the sound of running water and discovered the duct tape that repaired the hose next to the toilet had given way under the pressure and the bathroom was under a foot of water. Waking the night guard, he came to review the situation however he had no clue what to do nor could understand our English. When I asked for a mop to clean, I was presented with a toothbrush. When we told the day manager about our problem the next morning (which had not been reported to him) he immediately sprang into action replacing the warn hose and getting the staff to clean the bathroom. By our third day, the water in the pool was getting murky and although we brought this to management's attention, nothing was done. If you are willing to overlook obvious details like no batteries in the safe or bulbs in light fixtures and the constant smell of smoke from things being burned in the vacant lot next door, then the price is right through travel sights. We were told the upgraded room we were offered was $55 if booked direct through the hotel. Sorry. Not worth it. There is a free airport pick up and the hotel drivers are very prompt and respectful. The hotel has some potential but still has a very long way to go.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Emerald_Bud

Dear Emeral_Bud
Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very positive experience and strive to improve with each and every stay.
First off I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff and hotel for not able to deliver a positive experience for your visit may it be due to communication or language barrier. We had tried to rectify the experience but was not successful to your liking. We could only hope to better ourselves in our services and as host.
I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to ensure that we are still in process of implementing many of these upgrades to the property, as you were aware during your stay, soon to be finish. And hopefully, we can create a better outcome should you choose to visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you back then.
Kinds Regards, Leang,

Reviewed 10 March 2016

We really couldn't be more pleased with our stay here while in Siem Reap. The owners and the staff were so wonderful! Very friendly and accommodating! The hotel is beautiful, comfortable, and clean. It is located just a few minutes tuk-tuk ride from the Old Market/Pub Street area and the rides were fun! The tuk-tuk drivers are very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was delicious. You really can't beat the value of staying here. I can't wait to visit again!

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank PriscillaJean85
Tevorn Y, General Manager at Lotus Garden Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear Priscillajean85,
Thank you so much for your kind sharing the great experience with us. a true pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you on behalf of our team for the fantastic feedback and for taking your valued time to share your wonderful experience with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon,
Best Regards,
Leang K
GM

Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

We had a great stay at the Lotus Garden. We had 2 rooms. It was a bit tired and a few repairs (one airconditioner didn't work in one room) are needed to some of the rooms and the showers were not great.

It is a little out of town which is great if you want to be out of the tourist strip but you do need to get the tuk tuk to get around which is fun and cheap.

The breakfast was great. And huge. My kids loved the pool.

The biggest plus for me was the fact that my 7 year old got really ill after eating at the soup dragon in town. She vomited through her bedding etc. the staff would not accept my offers to pay the cost of laundering or replacing the bedding. They could not do enough for us. This is more than I would expect from any hotel in a budget price. The staff were always pleasant and helpful.

The rooms are simple yet adequate but the service is outstanding.

Date of stay: December 2015