Angkor Panoramic Boutique Hotel
Koh Ker Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Restaurant
FCC Angkor(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
Villa Um Theara(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop restaurantintrepid tourtop floorminute walk along the rivertuk tukpub streetsmall poolnice hotelgreat rooftop barair conshort staythe hotel staffquiet streetrooms are largevery pleasant staynice breakfastold market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Having booked this place after staying in a bad Hotel this was a wonderful surprise. The rooms are very big with big comfortable beds and the bathroom with a bathtub an extra delight. It is also nice to have a safe here but you never feel the need to use as it is very safe and secure. The hotel has a swimming pool which is lovely for relaxing in when it gets too hot and the breakfast is pretty good but get up early and there is alot of choice.The roof top terrace is great for relaxing and chilling out watching the storms roll in and has a great amount of very comfortable relaxing sofas. They are planning to put a Jacuzzi in the near future up there so it will be even better. The French owner also cooks up some mean delights in the evening although slightly more money than outside at other restaurants but this is no surprise being a hotel. The hotel is quiet aslong as you are not staying on the 5th floor as your sleep can be slightly disturbed in the morning with the tables and chairs moving at breakfast time. There is 3 excellent Restaurants within a very short distance that I would recommend. Monoppoli (Japanese Rest) is excellent value and serves great coffee and wonderful food. Also Beaches and Reflections both serve some incredible food but the most recommended is La Tuiche which serves wonderful red snapper and steaks for 6 to 8 US dollars plus free pickup and drop off book this 1 in advance as the tables book up quickly. The newly appointed operations Manager Mony is really making this place run well he is incredibly helpful and alot of fun. I originally booked for 5 nights but have now been here 2 times for a total of 18 nights ! The plus with this place is also that it is a 20 min walk to Pub street or 1 us dollar for a tuk tuk all in all this is a great place book and you wont be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe rooms on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank Monkey79Uk
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed longer than most, I think, as I'd been promising to come to Angkor since 1968. I didn't feel that the pics on my booking site really showed the odd positioning of this hotel between backpacker and luxury. Nice Picasso prints in my room but weird junk artwork in the corridors possibly sums the positioning issue up.

The staff are warm to a fault and are particularly prompt in putting a fresh towel on one of the poolside loungers as soon as it was free. This seems to work as during my stay there were no lounger hogs, but the pool is tiny.

The door of my room was a big hefty thing and there is a knack to opening it. It took three days for me to discover the knack and the staff didn't know it on the occasion when I had to get someone to help me into my room. I also had problems with the room safe which forgot the number I'd put in, twice. Never had that problem in hundreds of hotels before. Staff didn't seem to be fully trained in reseting the safe.

Breakfast was not to my taste as I'm allergic to fruit but I could make do with tea, crusty French bread and butter sans confiture of a most peculiar hue. Cold flat omelette doesn't really do it for me. Sometimes there was congee (when there were large Chinese groups?) other times not. Sometimes the tables were set for breakfast, other times not. Rustic charm.

The wifi went down for prolonged periods during my stay and was seriously slow when it was working.

It was difficult to work out what one was getting from the tours recommended and what was included in the price. I thought they were a tad expensive although my guide was knowledgeable and able to discuss wider issues of the history.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank OccidentalAccident
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Good English spoken, nice and friendly service who gave us great recommendations, good location in Siem Reap, only 20 min from Angkor by tuk-tuk. Rooms are spacious and clean. Nice little swimming pool near the reception. Nice roof top restaurant for breakfast or drinks, although the breakfast only provides a very limited choice of western food...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Olivier_Reiz
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We booked 2 nights at this place from Agoda.com. We booked a triple room, but got a room with 1 single bed and 1 double bed instead, which was not a big deal. The room was clean, toiletries and towels provided. The lighting in the room was dim, not bright enough to, say, read a book.

Free wi-fi is available, however the reception at our 4th floor room was dismal. The wi-fi signal was stronger at the lobby area. The lobby area is not air-conditioned, so there were quite a lot of mosquitoes come evening time, when we were using the wi-fi at the lobby area. There are 3 computers with free internet at the lobby area. The swimming pool was the size of an oversized bathtub, the photos of it do give a very different impression.

The staff at the reception are helpful and speak good English. Many tours can be booked from the hotel, but we were not sure how the prices compare with outside agencies, having just arrived here. The breakfast provided (included in room price) was simple - different types of bread, fried rice/noodle, fruits. No disposable tissues at the sink area, but clean handkerchiefs - very environmentally friendly. The breakfast area is at the rooftop with a view of the surrounding area, which was a big plus point.

Location-wise, it is walking distance from the Old Market area, about 10 minutes. A tuk-tuk back to the hotel would cost USD2-3. To the Angkor site, about half hour by tuk-tuk.

Would recommend this place for the budget-conscious traveller.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank biancajill
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Hotel was a 15min walk away from Pub Street but if you do not want to walk back to hotel after a shopping night, you can take the tuktuk for 2 USD.

We had a room at lvl4, lift was very slow and old. Otherwise quite satisfied with room, shower was okay. I am not sure if hot water was really on and off as the weather was too hot and a cold shower was much appreciated also. Room was clean. Lights were abit dim but all of us were tired after shopping and walking around in the wats so we slept after watching some tv, thus did not affect us much.

Breakfast could had more variety, french toast and fruits were yummy (:

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends