1,437 results
All reviews bungalow suite vintage mercedes steam room outdoor shower heritage adventures private garden relais chateaux bodia spa tuk tuk sala bai angkor wat the general manager sitting area our honeymoon an oasis small hotel cold towels
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last month and found the place to be lovely. Great to be picked up by the vintage car at the airport, and the manager gave us a discount to have a lift back to the airport at the end, as it was a bit pricey compared to a taxi. The welcome drink was lovely, and our suite was just what we expected from photos and other reviews. We had a problem getting a refund from a shop in town over something we’d bought and the hotel staff were so helpful calling the shop and negotiating etc on our behalf, thank you.
The only two minor negatives were the distance to Pub Street area, but it’s only $3 each way for a Tuk Tuk. Take a hotel card with the address, as many Tuk Tuk drivers haven’t heard of it. The other negative was the cost of things at the hotel - the tours office, mini bar and spa, for example were marked up at least 10x the local rate - the tours in particular were very overpriced compared to identical options outside.
Overall we would certainly stay here again, and wished that we had longer.

2  Thank ahedger
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The staff at the Heritage Suites was exceptionally helpful, polite and gracious. The suites are spacious and comfortable, and the pool area is quite pleasant and relaxing. We had a wonderful 15 minute complementary deep message.
The food at the Heritage Suites is also quite good. This is a great location to kick back and really relax.

2  Thank Cathleen M
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely experience with Heritage suites, from the moment we stepped off the plane and into our complimentary vintage Mercedes transfer, to our last day, where they very kindly provided a room to shower (after we had checked out) before our flight in the evening - awesome! An elegant and charming boutique hotel tucked away in a peaceful location with a beautiful old world vintage vibe. Our room was super clean and comfortable and the heritage character is carried through. The staff here are incredible and hospitable, everyone is really going out of their way to be helpful and make your stay in Siem Reap as welcoming and enjoyable as possible! If you are looking for a unique experience away from the crowds, this is the perfect place to relax and unwind.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 2018LisaT
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We had a great 2 night stay in this place. The staff was Super attentive, they gave us a lot of information about the tours and the city and arranged transportation for us. Definitely the staff is really good, 5 star international hotels standard. We loved the room and the housekeeping / guest service was really good making sure that we had the greatest experience, we even had a 15 min complimentary massage. 100% recommend place to stay

2  Thank Rooftophobby
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights and for the price I paid it was a major disappointment. It was the worst stay I ever had in all my travels and I have paid less in some hotels and the experience I had was so much better than what I had here.

Checked into the room and was told I was getting an upgrade. Later I found out that it was exactly the room I booked. However, I was fine with it as long as it was what I booked. However, upon entering the room, it was not cleaned properly and the room was dark and the jacuzzi was filthy. Could not sleep well and the next day requested for a change of room. The manager Arnaud was really helpful and I was told that the executive Suite that I booked was not available and arranged for another room for me. Although it was a downgrade, they made it up by giving us a 90min massage in the hotel spa. Also, the new room was a lot more cozy and cleaner. All I wanted was to enjoy my holiday so I thought that everything was going to be alright after that.

Other smaller issues but because it was a continuous stream of it left a bitter aftertaste.

- housekeeping did not top up the soap at all throughout my stay (had to bring dispenser out to top it up)
- housekeeping never bothered to clear the dirty glasses in the room
- housekeeping did not bother to top up the coffee
- housekeeping did not bother to take away the dirty plate and empty ice bucket in the room
- housekeeping did not bother to change all the towels. We booked for 3 persons and they just conveniently changed 2 towels. Several housekeeping issues which made me doubt the cleanliness of the room and if they are actually doing their job.
- wifi was down a couple of times but was rectified.
- on my last evening here it was raining. Called front desk to ask for an umbrella as it was not sheltered and a distance to the hotel lobby. Was told there was an umbrella by the bed. Searched and could not find one. So called the hotel lobby again. Was told to come to the lobby myself to get an umbrella. Seriously??? I calmly told them that I would seriously get wet if I were to do that and if they could please get someone to send the umbrellas over.
- went out for dinner and a massage on the last night and came back around 12.20am. The gates of the hotel were locked and no one was there and it took them 5 mins before we managed to get someone to open the gates for us. This is a hotel...are the gates supposed to be locked? Upon entering the hotel, it was pitched dark at the lobby with just one lone person in the lobby.
- the morning I was leaving, there was no hot water despite the fact we told the front desk about it during our breakfast hoping that it will be rectified so we could shower and head to the airport. At the end as we were due to check out, my daughter and I had to shower in cold water.

It was advertised as a hotel with good reviews. That was why I booked the hotel in the first place and I paid SGD$1482 (approx Usd$1100) for 4 nights. Which leaves me questioning the reviews legitimacy...or am I just unlucky? Being in the service industry myself, I understand that sometimes unexpected situations occur. However, they were not handled well and not much initiative was taken to help when the problems arose.

That being said there were a couple shining stars in terms of staff. But it will not be enough to make me want to ever return here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 298Lynette
Nicolas D, General Manager at Heritage Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Lynette L,

Thank you first of all for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We have taken your comments under detailed consideration and can assure you that your comments have been listened to. Also I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Also I inform you that we will be renovating our premium suites in July with inclusion of private pools and of course we are taking your lightning comments into thought.

I have enquired with my team and indeed the permanent do not disturb sign on your room door seem to have brought confusion. However I can assure you that our rooms are professionally cleaned and serviced on daily basis as well as the complementary coffee and tea available in room.

Our guest security and well being is essential to us and for this reason our car parking entrance is locked from midnight. However our main door is always open and our security team is on duty 24H to guarantee access to the property to our guests.

Kindest regards,