“Affordable comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #76 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Bali and Phuket
“Affordable comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed at this place in August 2011. When I arrived at the airport I found no one holding my name on the board and start wondering about the pick up. I rang the hotel and ask about the pick up and just realized that I have actually made a mistake on the booking dates. The booking date was for one day before I arrive, so, they picked us up the day before. Thanks God they still have the room we booked. The manager on the phone asked me to wait for 15-20 minutes for the pick up and we wait. In less than 20 minutes we picked up by a tuktuk. The driver was very nice with big smile. He offered us refreshment such as facial tissue and cold drink. This is my first time to Siem Reap - Cambodia and immediately in love at once.

We stayed at the standard room on the ground level. The room is very spacious, comfortable, clean. TV, AC, mini bar. We found this very very good price especially when we just back from Sri Lanka where the hotels there are very expensive and we have to pay US$80 for smaller room than what we've got here in Siem Reap.

We booked the room for 3 nights but we decided to stay another night. Since they have no space for us for the last night in standard room, we have to upgrade our stay into the superior room upstair. A little more expensive, same size of room but equipped with a double bed + a single bed. So, it is suitable for 3 person.

The food was great. Over priced though but it worth. Try their fish amok.

Room Tip: If you travel as a couple, standard room should be fine. We booked the room at the end of the corner...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Angus, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I had a brilliant time at this hotel/guesthouse and it fully lived up to the excellent reviews that have featured on Tripadvisor but the point of my "writing" is to let prospective customers know that as from April it will be under new ownership. It is possible, of course, that the new owner may well maintain the standards and reputation built-up by the previous owners but at this point in time that cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, you pays your money and takes your chances!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jjjjnr
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am having a comfortable and happy stay at the Villa Siem Reap in Cambodia. The hotel is lovely and very centrally located. I have found the staff friendly and the manager, in particular, very efficient, helpful and willing to go the extra mile.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Funchal, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I booked my stay and all my tours with The Villa, and I am extremely happy with my choice. My driver and my guide for The Anghor Wat Tour were amazing. I learned so much about history, religion, geography, and Cambodian culture. The Day in a Life Tour was also perfect. We spent the day working with a family (below poverty line income), and had lunch with them, visited the Monastery and the School. We delivered notebooks and pens for more than 40 kids. This showed me that the tour is making a difference in their lives. Also we were able to see water filters and wells installed by the Day in a Life Tour, so I strongly recommend you join this tour, you will be making a difference. The Villa hotel is super great !!! I have no words to express my gratitude for all the kindness I received there. Service, pick ups, cleanness, location ... all 5 stars. Actually I felt a VIP guest at the Villa. The hotel has just changed management, and the new owners, who also own the building itself, are wonderful, genuine, kind, and extremely helpful. They got my bus ticket, my Vietnam visa in 48 hs, medicines I needed, and would always stop, look into my eyes, and ask about my needs and experiences in Siem Reap. I could not have picked a better place to stay. If you go there please send my best regards to all the staff at The Villa Hotel.

Connie Richter

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are sunnier.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank smilyconnie
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stay four nights there. Lost $600 dollar in safe box of the room. Wrote some email to complain and no one relied. Came over to discuss with them and they didn't pay attention to this issue at all! Terrible! Just want to remind the future clients that not put money in their safe box as the key of safe box might be copied.They should put notice on their safe box!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends