The Villa Siem Reap
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 116
US$ 76
US$ 68
US$ 152
US$ 146
All reviewstuk tuk driverpub streetnight marketangkor wattour guidewithin easy walking distancethird floorafter a long daynice poolpool area isold marketwelcome drinklaundry serviceairport pickupmrmosquitoesitinerary
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I had a brilliant time at this hotel/guesthouse and it fully lived up to the excellent reviews that have featured on Tripadvisor but the point of my "writing" is to let prospective customers know that as from April it will be under new ownership. It is possible, of course, that the new owner may well maintain the standards and reputation built-up by the previous owners but at this point in time that cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, you pays your money and takes your chances!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jjjjnr
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am having a comfortable and happy stay at the Villa Siem Reap in Cambodia. The hotel is lovely and very centrally located. I have found the staff friendly and the manager, in particular, very efficient, helpful and willing to go the extra mile.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I booked my stay and all my tours with The Villa, and I am extremely happy with my choice. My driver and my guide for The Anghor Wat Tour were amazing. I learned so much about history, religion, geography, and Cambodian culture. The Day in a Life Tour was also perfect. We spent the day working with a family (below poverty line income), and had lunch with them, visited the Monastery and the School. We delivered notebooks and pens for more than 40 kids. This showed me that the tour is making a difference in their lives. Also we were able to see water filters and wells installed by the Day in a Life Tour, so I strongly recommend you join this tour, you will be making a difference. The Villa hotel is super great !!! I have no words to express my gratitude for all the kindness I received there. Service, pick ups, cleanness, location ... all 5 stars. Actually I felt a VIP guest at the Villa. The hotel has just changed management, and the new owners, who also own the building itself, are wonderful, genuine, kind, and extremely helpful. They got my bus ticket, my Vietnam visa in 48 hs, medicines I needed, and would always stop, look into my eyes, and ask about my needs and experiences in Siem Reap. I could not have picked a better place to stay. If you go there please send my best regards to all the staff at The Villa Hotel.

Connie Richter

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are sunnier.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank smilyconnie
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stay four nights there. Lost $600 dollar in safe box of the room. Wrote some email to complain and no one relied. Came over to discuss with them and they didn't pay attention to this issue at all! Terrible! Just want to remind the future clients that not put money in their safe box as the key of safe box might be copied.They should put notice on their safe box!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Vivi Y
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Just be careful about booking the $11 Siem Reap - Bangkok bus service. It is an absolute scam and is not what everyone claims, it took over 12 hours (entire day) to reach our destination in Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple