See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 January 2016

The staff at this hotel are very courteous, especially considering the fact that it is a budget hotel. The rooms are basic but clean. They even have a small, but functional pool at the back. Pub street isn't far. Do try the ATV rides through the paddy fields and hamlets whilst you are here.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Skyway Hotel, Siem Reap. The hotel was very comfortable with well appointed rooms with free wifi access. Although my son did not have access to the wifi in his room (514), imagine the drama for a 17yo lad. The staff were particularly friendly and very helpful with all of our needs and concerns. In particular Mr. Toli was an outstanding host and very helpful when dealing with local matters and people.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2015

We probably got the worst room in the hotel as is was last minute booking. The room window had a brick wall within 1m. The lighting was poor with only a florescent tude the first night until we complained. Cockroach in the bathroom. Noise from neighbors room..
The staff were good, airconditioning, internet and pool (not the surrounds) were OK
We cut our stay in Siem Reap short this hotel was so poor.
Too far to walk to Night Markets
Try somewhere else!!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2014

I have just spent 3 days at Skyways Siem Reap.
The very positives are the staff, they go out of their way to be helpful and to make you feel special.
The hotel is reasonably well located with a $2 tuk tuk ride to Pub Street.
However the downsides certainly push it into the below average category.
The rooms are well appointed but grotty, cleaning does not seem to be a high priority you are Evan asked a check in if you want your room cleaned during your stay. Off the 4 rooms I have first hand information on
1. The bathrooms were all grotty, not cleaned very well
2. Two of the rooms had non working or broken AC's
3. All rooms had refrigerator problems, this though was fixed by leaving the key tag in the master switch, or when you left the room and took out the key tag the refrigerator turned off.
4. The "included" breakfast was very basic and not to good.
I will never stay there again as it is not the average value for money expected in a 3 star place and those of us that find 3 star ok are pretty lenient in our reviews.

Room Tip: Look else where
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014

After staying in a high end hotel in Phnom Penh, I wasn't expecting this hotel to be anywhere near the same standard. But even then it was way below par even for a budget hotel.

My room had no windows, and an old CRT television with a screen which had been scribbled on in permanent marker (no idea why!).
Everything is badly maintained and broken, sometimes to the point of being dangerous (the floor standing lamp in my room was stretched so taut that when I tried to move it a few inches the bulb fell out and shattered on the floor).

The shower fitting had half snapped off, so the shower head could only point at the adjacent wall and not at you. Not that it mattered much because the shower was a tiny dribble of lukewarm water anyway.

Unlike other reviewers though, I found the front desk staff very friendly. They always greeted us as we came back, and provided lots of help in planning our trips.
Its not their fault the hotel is badly maintained, I suspect the hotel just has an absent owner who doesn't really care much.

The breakfast is ok too. Not a great selection, but there's a constant supply of bread, eggs and bacon and melon.

You can walk to Pub Street from here in about 25 minutes, but really you're better off getting them to book a tuk-tuk.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends