“I wish every place I travelled had a Journeys Within.”

Community Residence Siem Reap
Ranked #125 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I had high expectations from friends that had stayed at Journeys on a previous trip. They were all exceeded. Last minute tour changes "no problem", amazing tour guide, sweetest driver ever, great food, and I can't say enough about the amazing staff! I became a little teary when they all came out to the driveway at 9:30 p.m. to bid farewell and wish me safe travels. Wow.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisa K
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel is a wonderful oasis of calm in Siem Reap. I have stayed here twice and will return again next year. Highly recommended.

Positives:
1. The American owners are great and are very knowledgeable about the local area.
2. Very friendly and helpful staff.
3. Large clean rooms with nice bathrooms. The hotel recently expanded to 10 rooms.
4. Great pool -- which is really important in steamy Siem Reap. When I am there I swim every day.
5. Free laundry service every day!
6. Great breakfast.
7. The hotel has their own travel company and their own guides, so they can arrange tours for you anywhere in SE Asia. I have used them to travel in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. All of their guides are excellent.
8. The owners of the hotel also built a non-proffit community center next door. They teach the local children how to wash their hands, brush their teeth, read, speak English, etc. They also provide micro-loans to small local businesses. It's a great operation. If you stay at the hotel, go visit the community center and ask what you can do to help. Our group pooled our money and bought a fresh water drinking well for a remote village. We planned this ahead of time and we were able to go visit the well and meet the families that use it. It was an amazing experience.

Negatives:
1. There are not many interesting sites or restaurants within walking distance, but the hotel has free tuk-tuk rides into town every evening.

A wonderful little hotel that is really committed to making the world a better place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jwc3
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We've booked our flight in January but we had no idea where to stay...2 weeks before I google some hotels in Siem Reap and the first one displayed was JW Siem Reap, probably because of the very positive feedback from international guests...Normally, I won't go for the very first option, but considering the comments on tripadvisor, I said :"let's give it a try!"
This appeared to be an excellent choice, we spent 8 nights with our 2 sons (4 and 1y) and they didn't want to go back home...bedding was of very high comfort, food excellent (at decent price...)....AND...what a staff!!! I will always remember this very nice waitress who made our breakfast a very enjoyale moment...also, we stayed at the family bungalow and had the impression to be at home with our private pool...
Nice rooms, good food, very helpful staff, good location to the temples...I'm still struggling to identify something to improve...Maybe one thing...the kids club might need some kind of refresher very soon...(with DVD inside the boxes...;-)
Thanks again to Claudia, Leon and all the team! We'll be back!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Moups
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We booked this property as part of our Journeys Within tour of Siem Reap so I really didn't know what to expect. What a pleasant surprise! The grounds are lush and the pool refreshing after a hot day of touring. The property started out as a small bed and breakfast and recently expanded to 10 rooms. Our room was spacious with all the amenities needed including free laundry. It is about a 10 minute tuk tuk ride into town and the tuk tuk is complimentary between 6 and 9 pm. You can order about anything you want for breakfast. The restaurant is open for dinner as well and the food is superb - serving both Khmer, as well as western cuisine. I can't say enough about the service and the friendliness of the staff. Why stay in town at a big hotel with all the tour groups when you can be here!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My best friend and I stayed here earlier this month and it was perfection.
The staff is so genuine, so helpful and so happy to be a part of this fine property.
Value added details like complimentary laundry and one's own private tuktuk
for the short trip into the city in the evenings made exploring a piece of cake!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Mudra Angkor Boutique Hotel
#158 of 361 in Siem Reap
24.5 km away
Central Indochine D'angkor Hotel

Been to Community Residence Siem Reap? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Community Residence Siem Reap

Address: | Off Route Six, About 300 meters down Korean-Cambodian Friendship Rd, Kruos Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia (Formerly Unique Boutique Cambodia)
Region: Cambodia > Siem Reap Province > Siem Reap
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #125 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Price Range: ₹ 1,693 - ₹ 6,708 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Community Residence Siem Reap 4*
Community Residence Siem Reap run by local Cambodian and this is the social business. At Community Residence Siem Reap, we want you to feel like you are staying with friends, that means never nickel and diming our guests for small necessities. Every room rate includes all the amenities you would expect to have at your home...and then some: ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Community Residence Siem Reap reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.