US$ 61
US$ 45
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 50/night.

US$ 50
US$ 41
US$ 301
US$ 106
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 159/night.

US$ 66
US$ 59
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$ 299
US$ 160
Agoda.com
US$ 148
US$ 133
US$ 59
US$ 41
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 51/night.

US$ 47
US$ 205
US$ 196
  • Pool
5,757 results
All reviewshospitality desklandmark roomtuk tukbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelpersonal assistantpub streetspecial thankslate checkprivilege floornoodlesamazing servicepool sidewelcome drinkwould highly recommend this hoteltrip to siem reaptour guide
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Oh dear, what a disappointment!! Booked a landmark(?) room for 3 nights at the start of August reading generally excellent reviews here, and arrived with my family to find problem 1: supposedly their computer had malfunctioned and they had overbooked the hotel and were moving me to another hotel for the night, the Sokha Angkor. I didn't complain quite frankly as it would get me nowhere, and the assistant manager, Roberto, was apologetic, courteous, generous and in some ways I don't feel quite fair giving the hotel the review it deserves because the staff are very nice and helpful. So initial experience was that our time was wasted and frankly "computer error" for a prepaid booking is pretty unforgivable, albeit, fair do's, they moved us at their expense to an at least equivalent, indeed better hotel, in the Sokha (see my separate review).

Before I start I should also say that I paid only $100/night for this room (I guess they are offering big discounts to fill rooms because of the building works) so you pay for what you get. If you want a real 5 star hotel in Siem Reap don't even look at these tour bus hotels, look only at La Residence, Raffles, etc, because most of the others are at best 4 star, this one is barely that...

Note there is building work going on, they are building a new lobby, and I knew about this before I booked, and it has no impact on my opinion of the hotel in this review, other than to reinforce my impression that this is an old, tired property in need of renovation.

Returning to the hotel the following day we were shown to our room. A heavily wooden affair with a generally poor bathroom (no power outlet at all there) and a very nasty musty almost urine type smell. Hated it. Would have moved out rather than stayed there. The GOOD thing was a lovely flatscreen tv with a great picture.

I soon went to see the manager, the very well intentioned Mr Roberto, and quickly arranged an upgrade, which I was happy to pay for but which he kindly insisted should be complimentary, to a Borei Suite.

I should say that in addition to this complimentary upgrade I was previously offered a free meal, a 20% discount on my wife's spa treatments and a free extra bed for our one child, so I have no problem at all with the way I was treated over the mishap with the bookings. Only the quality of the hotel.

The Borei Suite is a huge disappointment in reality, writing an email from it now. It's dark and dingy, poorly lit, very few power points, old, tired, some light bulbs that could make it brighter need replacing but despite our telling them have not been replaced. The bathroom is large but old and poorly designed and again no power outlet. The whole thing is quite tired, my guess is that it is 12 to 15 years old and is certainly not what you see in the PR photos.... also the tv is AWFUL... especially after the excellent flatscreen in the smelly landmark room, to have a 21 inch old Sharp box, just because it fits in their wooden tv stand that would mean throwing out some furniture to replace, well, it's hardly impressive!!

BREAKFAST I must say is fine, a full choice and I would agree with some reviewers more than acceptable. That said, I would expect it to be half decent and it doesn't compare with a decent proper 5 star hotel breakfast, the best of which I've had recently was at the Shangri La in Hong Kong.... but for this type of hotel it was fine and much better than the Sokha Angkor.

THE POOL is sizeable but really quite boring, the designer drew it up in about 10 minutes with a minimum of imagination and expense... compared to the Sokha Angkor it is very poor. The pool area has comfortable loungers. My children still enjoyed playing and swimming in it and it's not bad. We had a mixed lunch overlooking it and that was within limits fine and acceptable. I don't think you can ever expect too much of any non Cambodian style food in these hotels and the non Cambodian food we ordered was poor, I sent back the tandoori chicken which was served in mini uncooked pitta breads stuffed with coleslaw(!!! very indian), and in fairness they re-made it and served something akin to tandoori chicken 2nd time round. They wanted to improve and I can forgive ANYONE most things or failures if they want to do so.

There were a succession of other slightly poor episodes... the wireless in the Borei Suite doesn't work well and I could get none of my 5 devices to connect.... IT Manager came promptly and sorted out the problem, whatever it had been. We had to ask 3 times for the extra bed to be delivered from the 1st room to the suite, it took AGES and wasted a lot of time, despite me telling them before we went out to visit the temples that this needed to be done.

It's not the staff's fault but this property is ANYTHING BUT 5 star. You pay for what you get. I got a $100/night experience, frankly I would have preferred to pay a lot more for better but was persuaded by so many good Tripadvisor reviews of this hotel that I should stay here. It's a shame, but I have to conclude that most people who write those very excellent reviews normally stay in pretty down market hovels. This is not a bad hotel per se, just old, tired, gloomy and generally far from the standard to which it would like to aspire. The staff try very hard, as do most Cambodian hotel staff. I have now stayed in Siem Reap at Le Meridien, Royal Angkor Resort (a real tour bus resort!!), FCC (disappointing and charmless compared to Phnom Penh), here and Sokha... Le Meridien was decent. I need to stay at some of the better places and stop chasing "the deals".... This is good value for money at $100/night but a poor 4 star at best. Disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jamescot65
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

It is with regret to learn that you found our facilities and services not to be up to standard and we hasten to apologize for the inconvenience caused and I would like to thank you.

I have personally made a special note of the points mentioned, and necessary actions are taken with concern departments in particular room reservation, spa treatment to avoid similar incident toward our guest. For future traveller note, we upgraded our TV of 188 rooms with flat screen to cater the needs of our resident.

It is with our best interest to see residents are happy and let me assure you that, I, my team are committed to do what it takes to ensure your satisfaction is met.

Sokvanna HANG

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Have to say that our stay at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa really helped make our recent trip to Siam Reap a great one. The resort is nicely laid out and kept in good condition. Rooms are nicely turned out. Mahogany timber really helps give the place a unique feel. On the day prior to checking in I received an email asking if I had any special requests. Due to a recent football injury I did and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to help in this regard, with the executive chef even meeting me on arrival to try and help. I believe the staff member Den was also a great help here. Sayon at the bar was as friendly a bartender as I have ever met in my travels and well worth sitting down to chat with over a few cocktails.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We booked their "Privilege Room" service for a 3 night stay, our first time in Cambodia.

The package included: Free Minibar, free all-day a-la-carte breakfast, personal car and driver for duration of stay (who acted as our tour guide too), free laundry service, discounts on SPA massage (best massage I have EVER had), local mobile phone to use, free 2 hour cocktail session daily, private lounge and restaurant shared with other "privilege guests".

They met us at the airport (two staff) very friendly and excellent english. We were chaffuer driven to the hotel where they laid on a 5* welcome. We arrived very early in the morning so they gave us a temp room to rest in with a free bottle of sparkling wine, whilst our room was being made up.

After a little sleep they moved us to our room where they had decorated the bed with rose petals. We also got another free bottle of wine on our departure eve!

Don't bother leaving the hotel to eat, the food is excellent with a mix of local and international cuisine.

Staff were the most attentive and friendly staff I have EVER encountered which made us feel like King and Queen for the weekend.

Hotel is in an excellent location with a max 15 min drive to almost anywhere. Take the 1hr 40min drive up to the mountains and swim in the waterfall - amazing!

On the contructive side, there were a few tiny issues which the hotel corrected straight away and were very apologetic for, eg laundry came back smelling of "food", so they re-laundered again.

Room was excellent though the bed was a little hard for my liking. Full roll-top bath and walk in shower. Plenty of water pressure and piping hot water always.

Pool is lovely and the SPA is amazing. Again, perfect massage!!

I can't thank Alex, Jasmine, Jacky and there staff enough for the most enjoyable hotel stay ever. Thanks also goes to Little Cocktail Monkey! :)

We WILL be back!
Tim & Michelle

Room Tip: Go for the Privilege Rooms, top floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim G
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in July.

Plenty of good points - as far as value for money goes it's excellent - five star facilities for 2-3 star prices. Excellent food (both restaurant and room service), nice friendly staff (Cambodians are really friendly people) and nice pool/gym - and nice room - all in all great facilities.

The real problem for me though was that I just couldn't sleep! Constant whirring of the aircon in my room - noise from room next door - then a drill outside which seem to get started at 7-8am in the morning - not at all ideal.

It's possible I was just unlucky with the room I got - as I say - the facilities are excellent. I'd recommend the hotel but I'd be sure to ask for a room as far away from any outside renovation works as possible.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

I would like to extend my personal thanks to you for taking time to comment on our services and facilities.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed our services and our resort’s facilities despite the inconvenience caused and please accept my sincere apologize and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, kindly drop me a line directly to sokvanna.hang@boreiangkor.com

Sokvanna HANG

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Borei Angkor was considered one of me and my husband's best hotel stays.

Although there was a minor mixed up upon check-in where we were given a twin sharing room instead of a king size bed as requested for, the hotel gladly upgraded us the very next day to one of their premier rooms on the 4th floor. I was initially worried that the location of the hotel was a bit far from town only to realize that the town was less than 10 minutes tuk tuk ride away.

We give it a four stars rating as me and my husband were truly impressed with their hospitality services to their guests. Ever so polite, helpful and attentive, ensuring our stay was as comfortable as can be from planning our day trips to the temples to recommending good restaurants. Just to mention the names of some of the staff whom we would like to thank for making our stay a memorable one - Nimoul, Pagnarath and Sopheak.

We will definitely return to Borei Angkor for our next visit to Siem Reap.

Room Tip: If you don't mind paying a bit more, stay at their premier landmark rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple