Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Laysung Boutique(Siem Reap)
Freedom Hotel(Siem Reap)
5,744 results
All reviewshospitality desklandmark roomtuk tukbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelpersonal assistantpub streetspecial thankslate checkprivilege floornoodlesamazing servicepool sidewelcome drinkwould highly recommend this hoteltrip to siem reaptour guide
Reviewed 5 December 2011

exquisite furniture just what you expect in Cambodia

Room Tip: we over looked the front of the hotel and had no problems of noise - the back of the hotel overlooks the pool area which is lovely
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I read all the reviews, especially the average to poor reviews. Reviews for this hotel are mixed. I think that the type of room you get depends on how you book. Took advice from a reviewer and booked a Landmark room with two beds through the hotel's website for best price package (with breakfast/ one supper/free WIFI) and to avoid the "two-tier" system. A reviewer advised that rooms booked through third party like Expedia, Agoda, etc would get you a substandard room within the same room class.

I received a well maintained, bright, clean room on the 4th floor. It looked just like the pictures on their website. Air con worked very well. Our room overlooked the yard of local houses. I did not use spa services, or their pool, or their airport transfer services. I booked "Derleng Tours" for a driver and guide and arrived to the hotel safely and efficiently. See my review on Derleng Tours' excellent service.

I was not interested in walking around the area, local markets or shopping, so the location of the hotel was not important. The hotel is located along the National Highway (one and only highway through Siem Reap). The property is set back from the highway and gated. After a long, hot day of temple touring, we were not interested in walking at night - especially among the mosquitos.

The beds are rock hard and I did ask for a feather bed topper (done quickly and still hard) Hard hotel beds are fairly standard throughout southeast Asia and China. So reviewers from Asia may say that the beds are OK. But for those used to pillow-topped beds, beware.

I sprayed on mosquito repellent, even at night - there is the risk of dengue fever even though we were visiting at the end of the rainy season, and although mosquitoes tend to bite during the daytime, I was not taking any chances. There apparently is no risk of malaria in the Siem Reap and temple areas.

Bathroom did not have the "open" shutter to the bedroom as described by other reviewers. Our bathroom was completely enclosed and very clean. The white tub shown in the hotel's pictures is vinyl so it does move a bit. Shower drained well. If you are concerned with cleanliness, wear flip flops into the shower.

Front desk service was efficient. Check-in process required us to sit in a lounge area where we were served tea, towels and a lotus leaf wrapped sweet, and our passports were whisked away. I prefer to see my passport at all times, so I should have followed the fellow who check us in.

Food is expensive in this hotel and priced in US dollars. Soda was $2.50 US per can. We bought a package deal with one supper. I did not want to venture out after a long, hot day visiting temples. Supper varies and on the night we chose to eat dinner, it was a Western buffet, not Cambodian food. Breakfast buffet had a variety Western (eggs to order) and Cambodian (noodles/rice) choices. The dining room was clean, spacious and not packed with tours during our stay. Be careful of your food choices. Some foods that should be kept cold - like cheese and cold cuts were at room temp. Rule: choose hot foods, avoid salads, cut fruits and food that is not served at proper temperatures.

Just a note about getting a Visa. Getting a visa at the airport took 20 minutes - arrived on a Monday in early November (short queues). Make sure you have cash in US dollars. I forgot to bring the extra passport sized photos for our Visas but no problem. For $1 US, the officials photocopied our passports and gave us our Visas.

Overall, there are many hotel choices in Siem Reap so do your research. I would return to this hotel if the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank valueaddedCanada
BoreiAngkor1, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

I would like to extend my personal thanks to you for taking the time to comment on our services during your recent stay with us.

It is with regret to learn, that you found our facilities and services not to be up to standard and we hasten to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Whilst I am pleased to see that your impressions were satisfactory in the main, I have made a special note of the points mentioned which did not meet with your approval, and immediate action will be taken to rectify this.

Such information is invaluable to the smooth running of our operation, and our endeavor to provide the highest standards possible. Without the assistance of considerate guests such as yourself, our task would be much more difficult.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2011

I just the had the most amazing experience of my life at this hotel! We stayed in the privilege floor, where you have so many benefits and we felt so special since the pick up at the airport with jasmine bracelets until the departure with beautiful scarfs in our favourite colour.
The hotel is absolutely beautifully decorated, the food is excellent and the staff sooooooooo amazing!
Roberto Ry, Chanda , Sron and so many other staff members treated us like queen and king and we felt very very special! Roberto was around all the time and organized our schedule of activities and was always available for anything we needed thanks Roberto! I wish I remembered the name of everyon but every single person was so fantastic and we are definetly coming back next year!
The room was awsome, clean, always serviced and each detail was so beautiful!!!!!
If you are going to Siem Reap, do yourself a favou and stay in this magical resort.
Everything was absolutely perfect!!!! Thank you so much guys!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: In this hotel, the privilege floor!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights for the Siem Reap Half Marathon. I'd describe the hotel as a classic hotel - stylish, with all the mod-cons you would expect a decent hotel to have, along with great service. In fact, this was what stood out most, as from start to finish the service was outstanding, staff are very attentive and professional but most of all, you get the feeling they do care that you have a nice stay.

The ambience is relaxed, Khmer style with lots of wood panelling everywhere, including on all walls of bedrooms, gives a more welcoming feel than some of the more clinical hotels these days. Rooms are large and well appointed, nice rainforest shower. I stayed in a room overlooking the pool, pretty sure it would be nicer than one over the entrance. Pool is large, long enough to swim laps, wide enough for kids and families to splash around. Nice poolside area too for lounging around.

There's one restaurant, very nice breakfast spread which it's possible to take outside overlooking the pool. I did try the evening buffet once as it was included in the package quite ok, if not spectacular but really with so much choice outside at decent prices, no great loss.

Location is fine, a USD 2 ride to Pub street. Few, if any hotels in Siem Reap have any sort of view of great location, so it doesn't make much diffference.

This is my second time in Siem Reap. If I come again, I'd stay here again without bothering to check out the alternatives. For what you get for the price, can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

What a wonderful comment!

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to write and express your satisfaction with our services. Such correspondence is always highly motivating but even more so when it comes from someone who has traveled widely and can appreciate the finer points of what we are trying to achieve.

I shall take the greatest pleasure in passing on your kind words to our team

It is gratifying that Borei Angkor Resort & Spa’s Team played some part in your enjoyment of Siem Reap and hope it is not too long before we welcome you back to the Land of Smile.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Yes, if you're looking for an excellent stay in Siem reap, look no further. The rooms are lovely and guess the ones overlooking the pool might be better than those over the front entrance. Very well furnished and with all mod cons. It has a great buffet breakfast choice and the "Happy Hour" at the Tropicana is a "must"! Otherwise the rooftop bar on the 4th floor has nice sunset views over the rooftops.
Do try the Koulen 11 for a cultural dance show and buffet dinner. Excellent valie @ $12.00. And, if you want a Tuk Tuk driver, send an email to : meas.sokoan@yahoo.com : He's great!

Room Tip: Personally, I prefer overlooking the pool!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

I am very delighted to read your positive ratings of our services/facilities at the resort during the recent trip to the world famous heritage site, called the Kingdom of Wonder.

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to write and express your satisfaction with our services as a-whole. I like to thank you for choosing Borei Angkor Resort & Spas a place of your choice.

Your beautiful comment is highly motivate our team, i shall forward of the opportunity welcoming you back home not in the far distance