All reviews crocodile farm miss kim tuk tuk pub street yoga classes top floor angkor wat helped us plan night market salt water pool cooking class phnom penh cool down quiet area family room nice pool air con
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

visited with my 3.5 year old son and was happy to see childrens toys, inflatables for the pool and child friendly food options.
Staff very attentive and relaxed atmosphere... went for brunch, stayed till dinner!
Thanks baby elephant we will be back

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Ilana T, Owner at Baby Elephant Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Madeline,

It was our pleasure to have you and your son visit! We like to make sure all our guests are well looked after, which includes our little ones so that our parent guests can relax and enjoy their holiday as best they can too knowing that their children are happy and enjoying themselves.

Would be great to see you again some time soon.

Thank you kindly for your review!

Kind regards,

Ilana and the Baby Elephant team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at Baby Elephant for 11 nights in the family room with our two children. The staff working at the hotel are friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotlessly clean, beds comfortable and air-conditioning welcome after hot days at the temples! We appreciated their environmental approach with refillable glass water bottles in the room with water coolers easily accessible. The garden and pool area is fantastic to swim, relax and enjoy a drink or meal. We’d definitely love to stay here again if we have the opportunity!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Bristravelling,

It's so lovely to have people stay with us for a bit longer than the norm so we can get to know you. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and our approach. We will be making further improvements in that regard so next time you visit hopefully you'll notice even more sustainability initiatives in action.

We had a blast with your family here, and we really hope to see you again one day.

Thank you so much for your review and thank you once more for choosing to stay with us!

Kind regards,

Ilana and the Baby Elephant team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am in my mid 30's and was traveling with my husband, we are both very experienced travelers. We stayed one night at the Baby Elephant before leaving for Central Suite Residence Hotel. I felt that the pictures and the reviews didn't really reflect the experience of the hotel. First in the pictures, the room looks quite big, at least our room was not, it was very bright in the mornings, and because of the old windows was quite loud. There were also bars on the windows which made me feel a bit uncomfortable. The bed was very firm and the AC also did not work well. We put it on the lowest setting and we were both very warm throughout the night. The pool was small and the chairs felt a little dirty. Finally, when we arrived, everything we did, we were laughed at by the staff. At first it was funny but walking away I felt it was really inappropriate especially since we weren't doing anything ridiculous.

I did appreciate the eco friendliness of the hotel, there were glass bottles of water and refill stations on every floor. Also, everything was very clean. If I were in my 20's I feel as if the stay would have been fine because I am not and appreciate a comfy bed, being cool while sleeping and peace and quiet, the stay was not great, hence going to another hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the first room on the 2nd floor as soon as you go up the staircase. It was loud being right above the kitchen.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Ilana T, Owner at Baby Elephant Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ali,

I'm sorry that I didn't have a chance to meet you and your husband personally. This is a very regrettable review for us to receive. We appreciate your feedback.

We are a sustainable, independent, creative, and ethically-run boutique hotel. We have guests from all ages and all walks of life, and many of them are from your age group. We have received many positive reviews from these guests, but sadly, we just didn't fit for you.

I am shocked to hear that the Baby Elephant team laughed at you. I would appreciate it if you could email me at ilana@babyelephant.asia so that I can identify exactly what happened and discuss this with staff member(s) in question. We take pride in our Baby Elephant team, who are strategically made up of the kindest and warmest people we could find. I feel there may have been a miscommunication, and I am truly very sorry that you felt uncomfortable. I'll do my best to pinpoint exactly what happened and ensure it doesn't happen again.

When you checked out early, I asked my team what had happened and they told me you left without offering any information as to why. We will always address concerns that our guests have and look to find an immediate solution to make you feel more comfortable. Our team will always go the extra mile, when asked, for our valued guests.

I apologize that you found our sun lounger covers to look old. We actually agree and are in the process of having new ones made as we speak. We are hoping that they arrive by tomorrow having been on order for weeks, it is just unfortunate timing that you wrote about them now.

Thank you for acknowledging the general cleanliness. We work hard to keep our space beautiful and clean. I only wish you'd stayed long enough to truly enjoy it all.

Thank you for trying Baby Elephant, and we hope that you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Best regards from Ilana and the Baby Elephant team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed there at the month of December 2017...It is a really nice hotel...I travelled with my friends...We got the rooms in the ground floor...Rooms are cleaned, spacious.All staffs are very humble and polite...they helped to book car to travel in and around siem reap...The price of the car was really reasonble Though the hotel is small, ambience was really nice... we enjoyed near swimming pool... Breakfast was superb!!!Many options were there.. I will recommend the hotel to others... Overall it's a really nice stay

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and it was perfect! Close to the action but quiet, wonderful kind staff, beautiful rooms and EXCELLENT value for money. The owners are full of amazing local knowledge and have created an arty, eco friendly and socially responsible little oasis. Don’t stay anywhere else!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo