City Angkor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
La Residence Blanc D'Angkor(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 8 January 2009

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 22 December 2008

I booked this hotel through a travel agent in Bangkok. I am traveling alone and the agent said I should stay in a "safe place" so I took his advice and let him book me here. What I didn't realize is that the hotel is on Airport Road along with the other large resort-type hotels and it's far from the action in the Old Market (pub street, etc).

The hotel has large rooms, but they are pretty sparse. The bathroom did have a wonderful, deep bathtub. I stayed in room 108 and had a huge window that opened overlooking the front of the hotel. The free breakfast is just ok, the lobby staff barely speak English. The hotel caters mostly to bus loads of Japanese tourists. I paid US$75 a night here and I felt very ripped off. It ended up being more expensive than that when you figure in the tuk-tuks I had to take to get everywhere b/c the hotel is so out of the way from everything. You'd think that given the location the hotel would have a well stocked lobby shop, but the two they had were filled with cheap Angkor Wat crap like post cards, plastic replicas, etc. I wanted to check out a day early b/c I was so miserable being so far away from the action of Old Market and when I told the staff I'd be leaving a day early they said they wouldn't refund my money b/c I didn't book directly through them and I'd paid in cash.

Overall the hotel is fine for tour groups, but not for solo and/or young-ish ppl. Also, DO NOT book through a travel agent if you do decide to stay here on your own b/c if a problem comes up the hotel will not be very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank blackmistressdiva
Reviewed 18 December 2008

Stayed there for 3 days in April 2008. I would like to say this is a reasonable-priced hotels with basic rooms. The receptionists were helpful and patient and one of the girls also gave us a lot of travel information.

The room was basic with acceptable level of comfort and cleanliness. The air-con also worked well. However, in terms of hotel facilities, this one does not have much to offer, only one restaurant and a souvenir shop (an expensive one unfortunately). I dont know, maybe it was near the end of the peak season, I didnt see many of other tourists in the hotel (except a couple of them in the lobby area) Sometimes, it was so quiet and I just thought that we were the only guest on the floor.

Overall, this is not a bad hotel, but nothing impressive at the same time.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zpherr
Reviewed 20 June 2008

We stayed for two nights and enjoyed our stay. Room is spacious, very clean and hotel staff are friendly. The breakfast is ample although menu variation is few.

The hotel is only 15 minutes by car or tuk-tuk from the airport. So, no need to sweat if you have an early flight.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank etasitepoe
Reviewed 30 June 2007

I did not choose this hotel out of my own accord as it was booked by my travel agent. Nevertheless, I did not ever feel regrets about staying here.

The view of the hotel's architecture is as majestic as shown in the website. It looks as magnificent as an angkor temple. The doormen services(main entrance and restaurant) were great - they never fail to open the door for guests. Service from reception was quite ok as I did not really request any assistance from them.

The rooms and toilets are clean and towels were changed once a day. In fact, the hotel managed to live up to my expectations in most areas. What I loved best are the programmes on t.v. It has a good mix of cambodian as well as English channels. The breakfast buffet is also quite a spread - ranging from American to Asian food.

However, the only complaint my room-mate and I have is the noise at night - but not enough to disturb our sleep. Apart from that, the odd thing is my room-mate gets bitten by insects but I didn't. So be sure to spray on the insect repellant!

I would surely return to this hotel if I visit Cambodia again.

• Stayed: June 2007