Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor
US$ 38
  • Breakfast included
US$ 252
US$ 191
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$ 299
US$ 185
US$ 199
US$ 195
  • Pool
US$ 144
1,836 results
All reviewselephant barcabana suiteapsara terracelandmark roomcolonial charmangkor watmain buildingmodern amenitieshuge poolbreakfast buffetphnom penhcold towelswonderful hoteltour guidewelcome drinktuk tukan oasis
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The service and food at this hotel is excellent. I love the old timey elevator with an operator.
It is well located for touring the city and the temples. The rooms and hotel were lovely. The breakfast buffet is in a light filled dining room and is beautifully displayed and plentiful. We also did the barbeque by the pool one evening which included local dancers. It was fantastic and far superior to the one we had gone to in town. The only complaint we had was the plumbing. Evidently when they refurbished the hotel they decided to keep the old pipes. When you took a shower it could go scalding hot or icy cold. Additionally you could hear the toilet flush in the adjacent room. As much as I liked staying there, my husband has vowed never again for this specific reason. I just took a bath and avoided the entire problem. We had arranged a fabulous guide not through the hotel so I hope to write a review specifically for the guide.

Room Tip: Don't ask for the garden room because the garden is on the front of the hotel. It is lovely but there is also traffic. Go for the pool view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was lone of the best and most memorable hotel experiences I have ever had. I went to visit my son who is living in Siem Reap and the Hotel was my base for a week. I felt superbly well looked after and was made to feel very welcome by everyone one from the front desk, the door men to the cleaning staff, there is a real sense of history and tradition. I was worried it would be a bit stuffy but it wasn't. The breakfasts were a tropical treat and fresh exotic fruits were replenished in the room every day. I would go back to stay in a heart beat.

Stayed: April 2012
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

It’s great to know that your visit to the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor was one of the best and most memorable, and thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff and our food. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We absolutely loved our stay in this gorgeous hotel. From the moment we were picked up at the airport we were made to feel very special. We were fortunate to be upgraded to a suite which was well appointed with 2 bathrooms, lounge area, bedroom with a four poster bed and 2 terraces. We had a butler who helped us throughout our check in and check out phase offering various services included unpacking/packing our suitcases, excursion options, tour of the hotel, drinks, reservations etc. We ate in both internal restaurants and would highly recommend the Restaurant Le Grand which we thoroughly enjoyed (although was not able to locate within Trip Advisor). Both internal bars are also good and one evening we had a complimentary cocktail tasting which was great. Great service is what sets this hotel apart - all staff are attentive and friendly although not intrusive. They remember your name and always greet you. Pool was huge with excellent poolside service (including complimentary sunglass cleaning and refreshing facial spritz). Spa treatments were also very good although quite expensive in comparison to other options in town (we would recommend Bodia Spa, near pub street). Concierge were excellent and they arrange / help on all your trips. I can go on and on here; I would summarise by saying; this is one of our favourite hotels we have ever stayed in.
The only minor downside we could mention is the small groups of Americans which we assume were part of a tour which were particularly loud. This only occurred a couple of times over our 6 nights, once in Restaurant Le Grand and again in the Elephant bar - they were quite loud and rather took away from the atmosphere. Not really a problem but a little annoying.
A recommendation for eating out would be Cuisine Wat Damnak - book ahead though, we did and it was full that night with people being turned away. Nest was also nice with cool day beds. We didn't rate FCC (which is close by the hotel) which we were a little disappointed in. Hotel will call you a Tuk Tuk which will cost $6 for drop off and pick up.
For the temples we also suggest using a Tuk Tuk for the day at around $20 although the hotel offer a (more expensive) car service with luxuries like air conditioning, cold towels and bottles of water which we took advantage of on one day.

Room Tip: If you can, opt for a suite
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

It is brilliant to read that you had a great stay at Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. Part of our vision is to deliver an exceptional service experience and everyday, we are driven by this passion. I will share your compliments with my team who, I’m sure, will be very pleased to hear your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed for 7 nights at this hotel and from the moment we arrived we were transported to the highest standard of service from any hotel we have stayed in. The staff were friendly, helpful and attentive to our needs which went beyond our expectations. Each time we entered the hotel refreshing towels awaited us. In the restaurant and in reception the staff remembered our bames. On exiting the pool a pool attendant met you with a towel to dry off. The champagne at breakfast was an extravagance. Breakfast catered for everyones needs. The entire hotel was spotless. Free access to internet was handy with computers strategically placed around the hotel. Location was about 20 minute walk to bars and restaurants fantastic service facilities and location well worth it as a special treat

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

My team and I are immensely grateful for your high praises about Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor and, above all, I am very pleased to hear that you had a one-of-a-kind experience in our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Five stars are inadequate to describe the level of accommodation and services of this unique hotel made mostly important by an incredible staff. If making one of your bucket list stops to Angor Wat, do what it takes to stay at the Grand for a double treat. Since I travel all the time for my profession, it is indeed to step into a sea of tranquility, where soft spoken staff members literally want you to be comfortable above all and that includes little things like cold towels to great you from 112 temperatures. From the rooms to great cuisine and a pool to rival any in beauty, you cannot go wrong deciding to visit. Congratulations to any and all who have a hand in making this hotel run like a fine time piece. And Cambodia - beautiful, efficient and friendly people in a clean and safe environment.

Room Tip: Ask for Narin as a guide to anywhere in the region but particularly the temples. He is well versed and knowledgable about all and brings helpful articles and maps with timelines to help you quickly get it -- and, believe me, there is a lot to get. Make sure that he shows you the tile on one of the temples of a dinosaur and then begin to wonder....This is a massive place, so having a guide who will sit with you like a mentor and talk about the history, stop to show you monks at work and give briefing about so many curiosities, from funerals to eating habits; you cannot go wrong with Narin. If Raffles is sold out, you can reach him for tours at siemreaptourguide.com.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

A genuine thank you for your remarkable comments about Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. I am delighted to read that you consider our hotel as an oasis of tranquility and as a complement to a visit to the temples. We look forward to welcome you back again and please let us know when of your next stay so we can ensure it’s equally memorable.