“Business in a beautiful setting”

Angkor Sayana Hotel & Spa
Ranked #115 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Sydney, Australia
“Business in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was my first visit to this beautiful hotel and I hope it is not my last. As soon as I arrived and met with a warm greeting I started to relax. I found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating and I was able to overcome any language barriers without too much difficulty.There have been plenty of descriptions of the building and the amenities on offer so I will not add to them except to say I agree with all the positive comments written. It is always difficult with a new hotel to get it right first time and to please all of the people all of the time but I think this hotel will go from strength to strength and become very popular. The food is good and there is a reasonable variety plus the staff are happy to cook 'one off' dishes. I was there with a friend and I can tell you the spa package was well worth it as touring around is somewhat tiring but much as the wonderful 'sights' are well worth seeing.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Carolepj
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

After a long a herendous flight My partner and I arrived in this little haven of luxury in Siem Reap, we had booked this place based on all the Excellent reviews it had gotten, we were surprised by some recent reviews but the Owner Daryl explained what happened there and it seems he has been the victim of some over excited patrons. But based on the overall that every other review is perfect we went to the Hotel and had the absoloute time of our lives.
The staff are all so friendly from our greeting to reception, the staff in the Restaurant are very helpful and explained the different dishes to us, we loved the Towels being folded into animals it was quaint, and reminded us of our luxury cruise down the Nile. Housekeeping dont speak much English, but nor do they need to, it is Cambodia, and anything we needed was handled through the Escellent reception staff. Now for the Spa, I never wanted to leave and proably would be still there if my BF handed come and grab me for tours and the like which were all handle by the Hotel and all went fantastically, The Ruins and temples of Siem Reap are a Must do. as is the Spa.Oh the spa again please it was so relaxing.
We loved our stay here, we had a river fronting room and didnt hear much noise after 9pm and whilst the toiletries arent the flashest it hasnt got the Ritz Carlton above the door. This palce is flash for the local standards and is clean, new, modern and in a great location.
Thank you Daryl.

Room Tip: Front would be best.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 2012JamesB
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here on the recommendation of a friend. Great location, friendly staff and a relaxing atmosphere. Beautiful river views

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nigel_Flower
Cardiff by the Sea, California
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This hotel is beautiful on the outside and has a wonderful staff. Now for some of the problems we encountered. 1- I stayed at a lot of hotels while in Asia and this hotel had such a small tv in the room I could barely watch it. 2- Amenities in the bathroom were something they shouldn't have even left in the bathroom. 3- I didn't have a river view room and the noise from the houses and other businesses that my window viewed was VERY noisy and kept me up at night. 4- The owner of the hotel who we had a confrontation with was very rude and didn't even want to hear our side of the story before yelling to his staff to call the police. If he would have just listened to what we had to say it more than likely would have all worked out. I own a few small businesses here in the states and the customer always comes first as the last thing I want is a bad review over something so small. It is a nice hotel with a wonderful staff but if you encounter the owner....good luck!!!! I stayed at this hotel with SeaducedByTheSea who also left a review.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank dqfresh
Gold Coast
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stayed at this wonderful hotel for just over a week. The staff are friendly and attentive and all the amenities are great. Rooms were comfortable and quite and the location is superb as you are close to the main area of town with all its shops and restaurants.
The Breakfast was probably not as varied as in some hotels I have stayed at but still had almost everything you could want. This is a new Hotel and the decor is very nice. Wifi was good and seemed to be available in most parts of the hotel.
The only issue I had with the hotel was to do with the pillows on the bed. They were too large and bulky for me to sleep on but this is just a trivial matter at best.

All in all A very nice and comfortable hotel staffed by some truly wonderful people.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business