“Great hotel, my family loved it!”

Angkor Sayana Hotel & Spa
Ranked #111 of 354 Hotels in Siem Reap
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great hotel, my family loved it!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed at Sayana with my wife and 3 kids (ages 8,6,4) for 4 nights and had an excellent time. We got a family suite which is equal to two deluxe rooms connected. Rooms were big and spotless clean, bathroom functioned perfectly and beds were extremely comfortable. Service accross the board was awesome, the staff quickly learned our names and played with our kids. The breakfast buffer was very abundant and tasty and snacks at the pool are also very good, liked a lot the Sayana pizza. Dinner was also nice but you also have great choices in Pub Street. The pool is small but big enough for my kids to really enjoy it, and also, we were the only guests there. My wife got a massage at the spa and loved it. And it has the best location in Siem Reap as it is in a quite area but very close to downtown. I highly reccomend this hotel for any type of traveler.

Room Tip: Book in advance and get a great rate
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Rodrigo1172
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Sayana has recently opened and we were among the first to stay here. The location is perfect with lovely views of the river. The beautiful wood in the hotel is unique and you really feel like you are in Kaymer culture. The spa is lovely and we had several great massages during our stay. The best thing about Sayana is the service. The staff is cheerful and attentive--and always with a smile! They went out of their way to make sure everything we needed was taken care of and perfect. The staff English speaking skills were above average, which was very helpful. The GM, Darrell, is a true gentleman and we throughly enjoyed our conversations with him. He was extremely courteous and informative with suggestions on what to see and where to eat, etc.

The food at the restaurant is solid. I am still dreaming about the noodle soup I had for breakfast! Delicious!

There were only a few drawbacks:

The pool is very small and located in the front parking lot (noise from cars and dust from the road, etc) with no space for proper lounge chairs. The water feels lovely, however, and is a perfect temp. to get refreshed. It is a shame that it feels like an afterthought. My suggestion would be to enlarge the space and make a properly enclosed, well-designed patio (with plants, etc). The heat in Cambodia is searing and the pool is a necessity rather than a luxury.

The rooms are somewhat dark, especially the bathrooms. The beds are very firm, but the hotel goes out of their way to add additional bedding on top of the mattress if you ask. The pillows, however, are quite painful -- far too tall and wide, so we did wake up with neck aches every morning.

The restaurant dining room feels far too formal because the chairs are straight-backed and painful to sit in. As such, there were never many people dining there. I would suggest more relaxed club chairs and it would totally change the vibe and comfort level.

Re food in the area: don't miss The Square 24, a new restaurant around the corner. Excellent food, atmosphere and perfect prices. Do not bother with FCC. Had a meal there and have no idea what all of the fuss is about. Kaymer Kitchen is excellent (in Pub Street area) and we ate there several times!

If you do book a stay here, at the front desk when booking your day trips--request the driver "Mr. Paulie" and the tour guide, "Rain." They made our trip unforgettable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank dtbPasadena_CA
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I decided to book here after staying in one of the Tour bus Resorts!! We were so glad we did. From the minute we walked in everything was taken care of for us! Check in was a breeze! The room was lovely and clean with a balcony overlooking the river! Location-wise it was great we got a tuk tuk into pub street for $1 or alternatively you could walk along the river! The pool was great after the hot days! Recommend getting noodles at breakfast they are delicious as is all the breaky delights! A + sayana!!!

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank xoxokatexoxo
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with my colleagues. We booked the superior room at $78 and was upgraded to their deluxe.

Room and bathroom were clean. The bathroom had the usual amenities. However, their water pressure for the shower were slow and their hot water was erratic which the temp can't be controlled. One minute it's very hot and the next is cold.

They had free wifi for their hotel guests which is a plus point but the connection was erratic too.

Breakfast was good. They had egg station & noodle station.

Their staff was warm and friendly...and they are chatty.

I'll definitely come back to this hotel the next time I'm in siem reap.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank phythia79
Sydney, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,550 helpful votes
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I was put onto this hotel by a friend who had come across it recently by chance and as I had to spend a week in Singapore decided to fly back via Cambodia and stay here. I rarely use the words Marvelous, Fantastic and Wonderful in one review. And I've learnt not to bother writing a negative review as trip advisor won't publish it. But back to this resort, the moonlight spa and the great service. They have certainly hit the nail on the head here, location is brilliant, they picked me up from the airport and even with a delayed flight they knew when to be there and it was very comforting. The room was spectacular with lovely views of the river and the food marvelous, all the staff only made me feel as a very welcome guest and and nothing was a problem. I'd expect this in a five star major resort, but you get it all here just like the big 5 star chains but with the boutique personal touch. I loved my stay here and would highly recommend the pamper package the massages are very professional and delightful and the food at the restaurant Devine. It's worth taking the tour to the temples sounds boring maybe but I was entthralled by the rich history and culture.
Loved this hotel, Wonderful food, the location great and staff Fantastic. A rare gem and delight Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Spa package worth the extra and river views
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business