Angkor Sayana Hotel & Spa
US$ 301
US$ 106
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 153/night.

US$ 80
US$ 50
US$ 79
US$ 45
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 50/night.

US$ 148
US$ 133
US$ 61
US$ 41
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 51/night.

US$ 47
US$ 189
US$ 193
US$ 183
  • Pool
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$ 299
US$ 160
Agoda.com
All reviewsold marketpub streetnight markettuk tukwithin walking distanceexcellent locationcentral locationsmall poolvisit to siem reapbeautiful hoteltown centrestayed here for nightsbreakfast was includedangkorcambodiamassageteak
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Sayana has recently opened and we were among the first to stay here. The location is perfect with lovely views of the river. The beautiful wood in the hotel is unique and you really feel like you are in Kaymer culture. The spa is lovely and we had several great massages during our stay. The best thing about Sayana is the service. The staff is cheerful and attentive--and always with a smile! They went out of their way to make sure everything we needed was taken care of and perfect. The staff English speaking skills were above average, which was very helpful. The GM, Darrell, is a true gentleman and we throughly enjoyed our conversations with him. He was extremely courteous and informative with suggestions on what to see and where to eat, etc.

The food at the restaurant is solid. I am still dreaming about the noodle soup I had for breakfast! Delicious!

There were only a few drawbacks:

The pool is very small and located in the front parking lot (noise from cars and dust from the road, etc) with no space for proper lounge chairs. The water feels lovely, however, and is a perfect temp. to get refreshed. It is a shame that it feels like an afterthought. My suggestion would be to enlarge the space and make a properly enclosed, well-designed patio (with plants, etc). The heat in Cambodia is searing and the pool is a necessity rather than a luxury.

The rooms are somewhat dark, especially the bathrooms. The beds are very firm, but the hotel goes out of their way to add additional bedding on top of the mattress if you ask. The pillows, however, are quite painful -- far too tall and wide, so we did wake up with neck aches every morning.

The restaurant dining room feels far too formal because the chairs are straight-backed and painful to sit in. As such, there were never many people dining there. I would suggest more relaxed club chairs and it would totally change the vibe and comfort level.

Re food in the area: don't miss The Square 24, a new restaurant around the corner. Excellent food, atmosphere and perfect prices. Do not bother with FCC. Had a meal there and have no idea what all of the fuss is about. Kaymer Kitchen is excellent (in Pub Street area) and we ate there several times!

If you do book a stay here, at the front desk when booking your day trips--request the driver "Mr. Paulie" and the tour guide, "Rain." They made our trip unforgettable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dtbPasadena_CA
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I decided to book here after staying in one of the Tour bus Resorts!! We were so glad we did. From the minute we walked in everything was taken care of for us! Check in was a breeze! The room was lovely and clean with a balcony overlooking the river! Location-wise it was great we got a tuk tuk into pub street for $1 or alternatively you could walk along the river! The pool was great after the hot days! Recommend getting noodles at breakfast they are delicious as is all the breaky delights! A + sayana!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank xoxokatexoxo
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with my colleagues. We booked the superior room at $78 and was upgraded to their deluxe.

Room and bathroom were clean. The bathroom had the usual amenities. However, their water pressure for the shower were slow and their hot water was erratic which the temp can't be controlled. One minute it's very hot and the next is cold.

They had free wifi for their hotel guests which is a plus point but the connection was erratic too.

Breakfast was good. They had egg station & noodle station.

Their staff was warm and friendly...and they are chatty.

I'll definitely come back to this hotel the next time I'm in siem reap.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank phythia79
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I was put onto this hotel by a friend who had come across it recently by chance and as I had to spend a week in Singapore decided to fly back via Cambodia and stay here. I rarely use the words Marvelous, Fantastic and Wonderful in one review. And I've learnt not to bother writing a negative review as trip advisor won't publish it. But back to this resort, the moonlight spa and the great service. They have certainly hit the nail on the head here, location is brilliant, they picked me up from the airport and even with a delayed flight they knew when to be there and it was very comforting. The room was spectacular with lovely views of the river and the food marvelous, all the staff only made me feel as a very welcome guest and and nothing was a problem. I'd expect this in a five star major resort, but you get it all here just like the big 5 star chains but with the boutique personal touch. I loved my stay here and would highly recommend the pamper package the massages are very professional and delightful and the food at the restaurant Devine. It's worth taking the tour to the temples sounds boring maybe but I was entthralled by the rich history and culture.
Loved this hotel, Wonderful food, the location great and staff Fantastic. A rare gem and delight Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Spa package worth the extra and river views
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
24  Thank VangeInternational
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel just opened in Janauary, 2012. When I stayed it had been open for just over one month. I want to begin by saying the staff were amazing. All welcoming smiles when I came into the lobby. I booked through Agoda and got an amazing rate of $60.00 a night for a single. The hotel is in a great location, right on the river and walking distance to the central market, night market and an array of spas and restaurants. The lobby is gorgeous with beautiful floors and walls and a small bar.
The rooms are large and have robe, slippers and a good size bathroom. I would recommend the river view. My room had a balcony looking over the river.
There is a spa on the fifth floor and they charge 15.00 for a one hour reflexology massage. Very relaxing.
My only complaint was the mattress was very hard. That's probably just me and would probably not bother anyone else.
For the money the value is incredible. If they get softer mattresses I will be back and I would not hesitate recommending the Angkor Sayana. I loved the staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo