Angkor Guide Sopanha Private Tours
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent guide

Amazed at amount of knowledge he has, learnt such a lot from him. Was able to change itinerary to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
LaBelle70
Tel Aviv, Israel
via mobile
Great tour, great guide, extremely helpful

We toured a number of temples around Siem Reap. Our tour guide was very knowledgable, friendly... read more

Reviewed 22 January 2019
clover_bolt

All reviews his knowledge day tour floating village his passion two days deep knowledge amazing country take photos visited siem reap great photos banteay srei own pace cambodian culture always on time yous itinerary history
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Sophana is an excellent tour guide that cares about his customers. He is very knowledgable of the history of Cambodia and the secrets of Siem Reap. I would recommend his services to anyone looking to experience the best that Cambodia has to offer.

Date of experience: May 2012
Reviewed 5 July 2012

All members of our group couldn't agree more that Sopanha is the Best Guide there is! For 4 days, our trip has been made more memorable and insightful, all thanks to Sopanha. He is very knowledgeable about the history and culture of Angkor and Cambodia. The way he told of the stories of Khmer empire history was very interesting, your ears will be glued to what he has to say. We requested to have our visit to temples timed to lesser visitors so we can enjoy more the sites, and sure enough he arranged and knows how to go about. Sopanha showed us where to take the best pictures and he happily takes picture of us! He brought us to authentic khmer restaurants, and suggests what food we should try. He even brought us to his restaurant where we had our cheapest meal during our stay. Very friendly and responds quickly to our request.
Getting a guide to tour the Angkor is highly suggested. It will make your trip easier and enjoyable going around the temples where one can easily get lost. and with this I am Highly Recommending Sopanha...no doubt, the Best Tour Guide!

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Hi Guys,

My wife and I, along with our 2 teenagers visited Siem Reap this June. We had read the reviews on tripadvisor for Sophana and made contact with him in February trying to arrange our 3 day tour in Siem Reap.

Since our first contact, it has been easy to communicate what we wanted to do around Angkor. We arrived from Kuala Lumpur and was met by Sophana + our driver. We asked if we were hungry and taken to a lovely off the wall place just infront of Angkor Wat where we sat and looked across the moat while we ate our breakfast.

We spent that morning doing a tour around Angkor wat then we were dropped off at our Hotel to check in and shower + relax before our afternoon's adventures to the temples. After the afternoon tour, our drive returned to take us to the town to have our evening meal at Khmer Kitchen. We spent the evening wandering around the city looking at the sights, people watching.

The 2nd day was pretty much a repeat of the first day. However for lunch we decided to try a Khmer buffet and it's local cusine...this was very lovely with a wide selection of food, salads' , deserts.

The last day was spent driving along the countryside outside the city to look at the floating village. We had a great time and this would have been the highlight for the kids to see how many many Cambodian's live along this rather extensive lake. This was a photographers delight. The last afternoon was spent at the oldest temple in Siem Reap.

Our free day before we flew out of Siem Reap we asked Sophana they type of things we should try to see + do. He is a well experienced guide and full of local + cambodian history.

He is worth hiring if your planning a trip to Siem Reap and you want a guide who knows his culture, his history, and who is so proud of his country. Again thank you Sophana for the memories and we will be planning another trip to Siem Reap, your company was a pleasure.

The Andersons

2  Thank pentacles22
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The tour to Angkor was fantastic and memorable. All thanks to Sopaha's  detailed narration of rich history and architecture of each place we went. As my friend and I are avid photographer, Sopanha allow ample time for phototaking and even recommend a few photography spots. Sopanha make the trip more interesting by inviting us to his restaurant and giving us a chance to savour home cooked Khmer food. Engaging Sopanha is definitely a good place if one is thinking of visiting Angkor...

1  Thank Illuminasa
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Since the first time I contacted him he answer my mails soon and with more information that I could expected. He make me great suggestions and put together a great itinerary.

Because he is great on what he do , he was booked the same days I was going to be in Siem Reap. But there wasn´t a problem at all because I had Mr Seila and amazing, sweet, pacient, fluent english and knowledge guide. Also I have to mention Mr. Na (I don´t know if I am writing his name correctly) the sweet, polite and english speaking driver.

I saw everything I wanted in a very confortable way. That's the only way to see as much as you can or want. It was really hot and extremedly humid so every time (after visiting a temple) Mr Na provide me a bottle of cold water and fresh towels. Not to mention that a car with air condition is estrictly NECESSARY.

So every time we werw going back to the car to continue with our itnerary I was EXTREMELY happy to see our air condition car and Mr Na with a bottle of cold water and fresh towels.
I am very greatfull with all the attentions that Mr Sopanha had with me . He took me to 2 amazing restaurants of REAL cambodian food. You HAVE to try it, nobody knows how delicious cambodian cuisine is.

No doubt: Mr Sopanha is the CHOICE, you will be extremely satisfied and you are going to have the moste memorable trip.

O kun