“Great time at Angkor, thanks to Sophanya”

Angkor Guide Sopanha Private Tours
Ranked #95 of 839 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Yous Sopanha, I have been working as a tour guide for many years in Angkor Archaeological site as well as other tourism sites around Cambodia. I hold 2 Bachelor Degrees from Phnom Penh University in Social Science (history, philosophy...).
Hong Kong, China
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great time at Angkor, thanks to Sophanya”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Visited Angkor for 3 days in April and had a great time. Sophanya made the trip even more wonderful.

Planned the trip months ahead and decided to go for him bec of his website, the reviews here, his quick email replies (bec his uses an Iphone) and itemized pricing. And he didn't disappoint us. Very knowledgeable about the history, the best spots for photo taking and best of all provides first hand information about his personal experience in concentration camp under Khmer Rouge. The Central Boutique hotel he recommeded to us is wonderful, clean, beautiful, 10 min walk to Pub street and more economical than the one I had in mind.

Sophanya spotted me right away when I step out of the airport and we have not met before nor seen my photo. We travelled in his very nice and COOL (couldn't do without it in April) Honda CRV and our normal day is from 8 to 11-12 noon where we were brought back to hotel for lunch and rest. Then he pick us up at 3 (always punctually) and returns back to town around 5:30 to 6pm. So we still have lots of time for shopping, dinning and relaxing in the pools. Very accomodating when we decided to change part of the itinerary as we would like to see more local culture. He surprised us when he treated us to dinner in his nice delicious little restaurant where we met his wonderful family. He also brought us to out of town dinner for a wonderful roasted beef dinner where the locals go, and we ate like a king. And on the way back, bought us Durian.

All these he was not doing for a customer, but for a friend.
Thank you my friend for the fun we had.

2 Thank Avid Traveller f
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Rockville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing guide”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We visited angkor wat for 3 days 7-10 april 2012
On a very warmre omandation we asked sopanha tobe our guide for our tour and we never looked back
Mr sopanha is anamazing guide and person
The amount of knowlage he has is endless his english is wondeful,he is so easy to fall in love with.
It took us minutes to be family
He took us to all the best places,the right spots and time of day for taking the best pictures and with this place being so amazing- we won the loto with sopanha WE LOVE U

1 Thank Galia_12
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Guide, Amazing Time!”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Sophana is the best full service tour guide! I toured Angkor with a small group and Sophana was wonderful! He arranged for our airport pickup and drop off (even when it was a Cambodian holiday). Half of our group didn't make the original flight and he was very accommodating in changing his schedule for us and going back to the airport to pick up the second half of the group so that they would not have to miss any of the tour! His rate is very reasonable and he is extremely knowledgeable about Angkor and Cambodia. Sophana speaks English wonderfully so we were all able to learn a lot and ask lots of questions. He helped us take the best photos of the ruins as well as group photos! I highly recommend Sophana as a private tour guide to anyone who is wanting a wonderful tour of Angkor!

2 Thank Blake R
doncaster
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“The Number One Tour for Angkor - Excellent”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Mr Sopanha Yous and his team made the whole process from booking the tour to providing just what we wanted from our visit to this great city of Angkor. My wife and I had never done small private tours like this but what a massive difference to the crowded coach versions. Although booked at short notice (8 days) we still managed to be provided with a one day tour. Sopanah could not take us personally but arranged for one of his fellow guides to take us.

Our guide, named Vann Seila, was excellent. Vann arrived at the hotel early and were quickly on our way to see the sunrise over Angkor Wat. We travelled in a car, with driver and were provided with cool bottled water and wet wipes all day (Oh yes it was hot!! outside the cool sanctuary of the car)

The knowledge Vann had of Angkor and its history was amazing and answered all our questions, something that would have been difficult for us to do in a large tour party. He also took us to locations that gave us great photo shots with some amusing ones thrown in too. Vann never stopped feeding us with the history of all the locations we visited and was conveyed in such a way that it never seemed to get too much for my wife or myself. He would tailor the day to what we wanted with helpfull suggestions when we needed them which made the day so relaxing for us

The walking between sites was kept to a minimum due to Vann phoning the driver to collect us from the nearest possible pick up locations. This was welcome because it was in the mid 30'sC (90's F) April 2012.

I would like to thank Sophana and his team for such a memorable day. With speacial thanks to Vann. Keep doing your tours like that and you will make many people happy.

1 Thank Stringbag
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We find Mr. Sophana on trip advisor and luckily he was available on short notice. He was very knowledgeable and very accommodating to our schedule. Unlike many guides we have had in Asia, he really did speak English. His English was very good. This was a private tour with me and my wife and his prices were very reasonable. He ever had a battery charger available for my wife when her camera died!

We would highly recommend him.

Visited March 2012