Siddharta Boutique Hotel
US$ 56
US$ 107
US$ 91
  • Breakfast included
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$ 299
US$ 199
US$ 195
  • Pool
1,155 results
All reviewstuk tuk drivertop floorrooftop restaurantangkor wathoneymoon suitehomemade yogurtthe salt water poolthird flooregg stationsitting arealovely hoteladjoining roomslovely poolsmall hotelroom rateafter a long daypub street
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed in Siddharta for three nights last week, and it was one of my best hotel experience.

To be honest, my first impression on Siddharta was not good at all - they failed to pick us up at the bus station and we waited in a storm for 15 minutes. I scolded the receptionist over the phone, but regretted later, as it was not his fault anyway.

But everything after that was just wonderful.

The "double extra room" is great for a family with an adult child, as it was spacious, stylish and designed for three people (not an extra bed in a double room). We also like the little lounge area outside of the room facing the pool.

The location is prime as well. 4km to the temples and 2km to the Siem Reap town center. Quiet, private but convenient.

Hotel staff are very friendly and well-trained.

The hotel provides tuk-tuk service for a very reasonable price. We paid $10 per day for a great driver, even when we go to Banteay Srei or further temples. (the price seems to depend on room rate. we booked through Agoda, but customers book directly with the hotel might enjoy a free service) This is way more than good price - the driver thinks of providing good service all the time instead of overcharging people, which is quite common among Cambodian tuk tuk drivers.

we had a very good time with our driver. The hotel asked him to carry ice water and tissues for us, and these were very pleasant after the exhausting temple visits. He ran in the rain to deliver umbrellas to us. The driver is a very good travel companion, and I would suggest anyone visiting Siem Reap to use a hotel driver, whether you live in Siddharta or not.

The restaurant is also superb. We love the breakfast buffet! Great variety and food quality. we also had two lunches there - I highly recommend Siddharta salad, sweet sour fish and fried noodles.

Room Tip: Double Extra room is great for a family with one child.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TravellingEvelyn
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The hotel is located midway between the centre of Siem Reap and the temples, but as they provide you with a dedicated tuk-tuk driver for free during all the stay you can move around with no issue, and don´t have to suffer the noise and chaos of the center until you go for dinner.

It is well decorated and has a nice small pool, very welcome after visiting the temples. From my experience and from other reviews the only issue is that the hotel seems quite popular with families with small kids so it´s not as relaxing as you could expect
Good and varied breakfast in a nice terrace

Rooms are big and comfortable, bathroom is also good, staff is helpful and the dedicated tuk-tuk for the daily visits and evening dinners is a great detail

Overall I think is quite recommendable as the base for Angkor Wat visit

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FGE04
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I went on a family vacation in July and tried to locate a hotel in Siem Reap. Came across this one from trip advisor. The hotel management is great, always very responsive to my email inquiries throughout the booking process. Once arrived, the staff is courteous, considerate and knowledge about various trips. One day I booked a trip to a remote temple through tuk-tuk based on my lonely planet book, the hotel staff advised against my choice given the distance and weather. We ended up booking a van instead and it turned out to the RIGHT choice.

The hotel's location is perfect, 10 min by tuk-tuk to major temples, yet in a quiet place. They have free internet at the coffee shop and a good and reasonably priced restaurant if you don't want to go out for dinner. The massages are great too..clean and reasonably priced. I will definitely stay there again.

Our English guide recommended by the hotel is excellent. He speaks great English and very knowledgable. His contact is Sovan KONG, email sovanyasar@yahoo.com.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MM M
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We found a very nice offer to have two nights in siem reap to visit the Angkor wat. We tried Siddharta, and we can say we did right. The hotel is located mid distance from the temples and Siem Reap, so it's a great option if you want to avoid the stress of the city. Also a great option if you want to discover the area by bike. The atmosphere is so quiet and peaceful, the rooms, huge and comfortable. The breakfast, very French style, with great croissants. But we need to mention two things in particular. One is the spectacular dark blue salt water swimming pool. And the other one is the staff: all the people were always wiling to make the best experience you can imagine for a hotel stay. And we can assure they reached the goal. Thank you guys! Clara & Nico.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank nicolasdorado
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I normally don't go out of my way to review hotels/restaurants (2nd time I've ever done a review, first on TripAdvisor), but Siddharta in Siem Reap is worth my time to review. The staff goes above and beyond and was very warm and inviting. The complex is very nice and the pool is great. The breakfast buffet is fantastic and the rooms are very nice from what I gathered. The location is fantastic as it is right between Angkor and Pub Street, but in a non-congested area that is easily accessible. The free tuk tuks to town are a nice perk.

Since on my initial search, I was trying to find the opinions of fellow Americans, I can say, for any future Americans going to Siem Reap, this is a fantastic place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends