“Pretty little hotel - friendly and relaxing”

Siddharta Boutique Hotel
Ranked #60 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed for three nights at the beginning of April. The staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious and the hotel grounds lush and green. They provide cool cotton robes and flip flops for your use. Location not a problem for us, as we had a tuk tuk driver on hand for pick ups into town and back and of course, to the all important temples. It doesn't take long and is good fun. I don't know if the hotel was full but we had no problem getting a sunbed round the pool in the afternoon; there aren't many. The breakfast was plentiful and unhurried. The showers are really good and there were no mozzies in the rooms at all. If you like small, interesting hotels with great service then this is the hotel for you. I would say though you might want to bring your own shampoo and shower gel as I think the hotel stuff is a little basic.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor which I thought was fine; poolside probably not so private. Also it...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Priss58
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

My experience at this boutique hotel was simple excellent. The staff at this hotel was very helpful and went out of their way to help with anything.

Although the location of the hotel is not convenient where you can walk to get dinner in the evening but the service makes up for that. It is located in the middle of the night market and the temples. So you need to take a tuk tuk to get around and they assign a tuk tuk driver to you during the stay, which is convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank charmedArcher
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Me and my wife stayed in this boutique hotel for 5D / 4 N. The only word I could use to describe this hotel was.."EXCELLENCE".

It happened during our stay was my wife birthday on 1st April, I purposely let my wife do all the arrangement with the hotel booking, confirming etc, while on the other hand, I've secretly contact the hotel via e-mail to arrange some small birthday surprise for her...and they were so supportive and helpful to arrange my wife's favorite flower with the birthday card and the birthday cake...
And YES!!They did exactly as per my request for the small birthday surprise for my wife at Siem Reap...they brought the flowers when pick us up, and surprise my wife with the birthday cake on the next day... I have to pay for the flowers while the cake was FOC!!Thank you for the cake! :)

A lot of good things about this small boutique hotel and we really enjoyed our stay.
- The hotel was excellence and cozy environment.
- The hotel location about 8 mins ride to town (by tuk tuk) and 10 to 15 mins to airport by car.
- We personally think the location was good, not at the middle of the town which a bit noisy.
- The hotel come with the free tuk tuk services from 5AM to 10PM everyday.
- Tip for free tuk tuk services, book directly with the hotel, do not book via Booking.com etc. You will not get tuk tuk services and maybe you have to pay separetely for tuk tuk.
It was very helpful to have appointed tuk tuk driver everyday.
- Come with complimentary breakfast : I love their homemade jams and the bread were lovely..my wife love the fruits especially the mango.
- We stayed at deluxe room (each of the room have their own balcony - hotel staff arranged for us, 2 nights at the upper level and 2 nights at the ground floor). The room were spacious and clean. Bathroom with toilet but not bathtub.
- Personally I prefer room at the ground floor as when you open the door, at your balcony you can see the swimming pool right at your door step!!Nice view while relaxing)
- We went for sun rise at few temples 3 days in a row : They packed us the breakfast box!! NICE!!
- There were free WIFI : However bit downside, the connection was bad when you in the room, but i think this is small matter for me, we can relax at my balcony while checking my e-mails or facebook and enjoy the hotel view.
- SPA was great, we tried the foot massage..however, there are a lot of massage and reflexology you can choose at town especially at night market area.

Overall, the staff, services and customer services skills from all the staff were EXCELLENCE!!
I met the General Manager of the hotel Mr.Vutha on the first day and yes he were right, before I came, he wrote me an e-mail, telling me..."Don't worry, we are very efficient"...yes he was right!! :)

Thank you to Mr.Vutha, Miss Soona and some other staff I can't remember their name for the fabulous experience staying at your hotel!

Not to forget my Tuk Tuk driver, Mr.Vanny he was very kind and nice drive us anywhere and everywhere we requested to go..we utilized his tuk tuk 5AM to 9PM everyday :) and most importantly he is a nice person and always ON TIME!!He can speak fair English and French.

Thank you Siddharta Boutique Hotel for the EXCELLENCE experience with your hotel!Like the other guest comment .... "Exactly what a boutique hotel should be”.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Ground floor have a better nice view from your balcony
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CareTaker_77
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Siddharta is a small, well-designed hotel, exactly what a boutique hotel should be. It was beautifully decorated and had a fabulous large salt water pool. Even though all the services provided (drinks, restaurant, spa) were very good, they were all reasonably priced and well within Cambodian norms (not Western prices). What really set it apart though is the outstanding service from staff. They were all warm, friendly and very helpful.

We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms. It was huge and had an extremely comfortable bed. The water pressure in the bathroom was quite strong and the shower was great. There is free wifi throughout the hotel. There was an outdoor patio area in front of the room with 2 chaise lounges, but the ones by the pool were so nice (and had drink service) that we used those instead. The robes provided in the room were so nice that we asked the manager to sell them to us (they were imported from Thailand but were sold to us at cost – just one example of the incredible service here).

There is a small spa which had a nice selection of services in a pretty setting. You do need to make reservations an hour or so in advance.

There was a nice free breakfast – a large selection of fruit, with fresh juices, pastries and a couple of hot dishes. In addition, they prepare egg dishes on request. We had dinner at the restaurant one night (after a day of touring, then swimming in the pool and visiting the spa we didn’t feel like going anywhere.) The atmosphere was very nice and the restaurant had good food at reasonable prices. There was also a comfortable bar/lounge area.

The location is a little outside of the downtown area and is very quiet. We’ll definitely return and schedule our next trip so we can spend more time just relaxing at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank desertdiver
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Our family stayed in this small boutique hotel for 3 nights- we were referred by its sister hotel Pavilion Hotel who we initially contacted but was booked out (which is the no.1 hotel ranked here in tripadvisor) . Both hotels looked after my family from the time we started communication via e-mail. No downpayment was asked, no visa card number was asked during time of enquiry.

We were allocated a family suite which was quite big. One room has a king size bed and the other room has two double size beds. The kids room has a DVD as we requested FOC and games to entertain and keep the kids busy when indoors. The pool was nice and serene.

The hotel is not in city centre but it was close enough with a complimentary tuk-tuk . We were allocated our personal tuk-tuk driver to take us around available to us from 5am- 10pm, what more can you asks? However, the city is only 10 minutes by tuk- tuk. Our kids enjoyed each ride.

Complimentary breakfast each day- from continental to hot breakfast's. A special touch with those jams made right there in their kitchen hotel. Restaurant/ breakfast area all located at top floor providing views of local living.

The hotel staff's were amazing. Extended to us every single quality service- from the time we arrived to the time we left. I highly recommend this hotel. Spa service also worth a try for the adults -

• Stayed: April 2012