“Had a very enjoyable time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Sawasdee Angkor Inn
Ranked #388 of 484 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
“Had a very enjoyable time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Regards the last comment Mr Keo was very helpful towards me. I was traveling solo and he took me out and with his brother and friends. He showed me where to go and helped me with things i needed. Like anywhere in the world its called "business" nobody does nothing for free that's how people make a living and to pay an extra couple of dollars or so to be pointed in the right direction with no hassle was an advantage for me which i was grateful for. I booked a hotel in Phnom Pehn through him and someone came and met me at the boat terminal and transferred me hassle free as other people on the same boat had their driver's not show up and got transferred with me. "Pushy"or "bullied" ??? or just trying to make a living like everyone else in the world? be grateful they are not raking the government and crippling the economy and trying to work for a living. I had a great time Thanks for my stay, i will stay here again for sure next time im in town cheers :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

The hotel is situated down a very dusty road, very bumpy, about 10min walk from the town centre but well worth the walk as Mr Keo who is the tour manager for the hotel meets you as soon as you check in to sell you trips and tours, he is very pushy and takes advantage of the fact that you have just arrived and you dont know prices. Dont use the motos outside the hotel walk down the road and shop around as you will save loads for all your trips, including VIP buses and visas for vietnam. He makes out he is a good fair business man and trust worthy and when you say you need to think and go to your room he gets very upset and becomes quite rude, we booked a Vip Bus and got our visas for veitnam, we went down the town to find out that he had over charged us by quite abit, we went back and demanded a refund, he did give us a refund for the bus which we booked else where, we also went to ankor watt for half the price he quoted, after all this he made us feel very unwelcome and the group of locals that he was with outside made us feel uncomfatable when we walked passed them, dont be afrad to shop around first and do not let him book your hotels in phon penn as he also tried to book us into a hostel which was a discrace and pass it of as a good quality hotel, DO NOT LET HIM BULLY YOU!! as he did with alot of the younger travellers. Apart from that the hotel rooms itself was clean and ok for the price, but drink and food ismuch cheaper in the town.

Room Tip: Good basic clean rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank squashyorange
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

Very nice welcoming place. Very relaxed and one of the cleanest places you might get for a budget. The staff is very friendly. It is nice to help the people as much as you can too because they do not show how much they struggle. Over all the best place I have been in all of Cambodia and it was a short walk from the main drag. Also you can do cheap trips through the hotel to see angkor wat and the surrounding country. All that you need should be there. Thanks plz listen to this review and try to be culturally aware.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

My friend and I travelled South East Asia in December last year. We went to a tour shop in Thailand and they recommended Sawasdee Angkor inn hotel in Cambodia. The minute we arrived outside the hotel we were greeted by friendly staff. Mr Keo was the tour advisor and he organised our trip to see the floating village, Ankor wat temples (day trip), suggested the ACODO orphanage to visit on one day and organised our bus to phnom penh. He has a great sense of humour and we really enjoyed his company. The other staff at the hotel were also very friendly. I hope to go back there sometime next year. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone who visits siem reap. I was very happy with the room, staff, value for money and overall presentation of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

I arrived at Sawasdee Angkor Inn to a big welcome from the staff. My bank had blocked money from my account and I found myself in a very serious situation. The manager Koa instantly understood my situation and not only organised trips to various ATM's but gave me the benefit of the doubt about everything and made me feel completely at home. I am very thankful to him.
I ended up staying seven days instead of three because of this unbelievble hospitality but also because the service was in my mind excellent, the rooms were very clean, spacious and great value for money, the food excellent and the atmosphere was as close to family as it gets. Come here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo