All reviews swimming pool night market short alley pub street triple room for nights tuk tuk street noise western choices big balcony hotel entrance hotel is excellent breakfast spread laundry service location is ideal clean rooms main building great shower
Reviewed 28 April 2018

We stayed at the triple room for 5 nights at Mekong Angkor Palace Hotel. Upon checked in, the staff welcomed us at the reception ang provided us welcome drinks. After check in process, staff even took us to the room and provided us all information regarding hotel facilities and services.
Room is spacious. Swimming pool is cleaned in the daily basis. Breakfast is simple but tasted delicious. Hot water pressure was low (maybe guests were using hot water at the same time), but that was not an issue. It was 35c everyday, I didn't feel like to have a hot shower after a temple visit. Wifi was slow sometimes when guests came back to hotel at night, but no a major issue!
Hotel is closed to the old market area. Many good restaurants nearby.
All the staff is working extremely hard there and provide good service to guests. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the lift, chose a room that face to the swimming ppol.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shirley W
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We stayed at the Mekong Angkor Palace Hotel for 7 nights while visiting Siem Reap in March, and what a great bargain it is! Brilliantly located on one of the main streets leading to the eating and drinking hub (Pub Street and the night market) - only 10 minutes walk away. All the way, though, there are restaurants and places serving cold beer, both on Sivatha Boulevade itself and in the side-streets that run off it.

Walk the other way (ie: turn left out of the alley that leads to the hotel entrance) and there are also plenty of places of interest, including restaurants and supermarkets. And there's a good bank to change money right across the road to the right as you come out of the alley on to the street. Really, the location is ideal.

Since the hotel is down a short alley, you don't get street noise, either.

The STAFF AT RECEPTION ARE WONDERFUL. We just loved them. Very helpful, always cheerful, and ready to joke around. Hi especially to Kang and Sarey!!

Great pool, and you can buy beers and snacks poolside all day if you want.

I have only two only criticisms. Firstly, the breakfast is OK, but nothing special. The fruit plate had only pineapple, banana and dragon fruit every day - no papaya or mango. And although there is quite a lot of food to choose from, including Asian style dishes, croissants, toast, fried potatoes (sometimes with greasy bacon), and the usual egg options, you do get a bit tired of the breakfast after a few days. You can eat as much as you like, though. And considering the bargain hotel rates, the breakfast is very acceptable.

Second criticism: our shower wasn't great. Not much water pressure, and didn't get very hot. Sometimes, luke warm was the best we could get. Still, it's hot and steamy in Siem Reap, so not a huge deal.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It's probably the best value hotel I've ever come across, and I've done a lot of budget travelling. And I really can't say enough good things about the charming staff. This place is a winner.

1  Thank Rossn R
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We stayed here for a few nights and the location is very central to many attractions, not that it is hard to get a tuk tuk to go anywhere, most trips were $2. The hotel is located up a short service road and the hustle, bustle and street noise disappears as you walk in the front door. The staff are very polite, accommodating and helpful. There is a great pool and a bar with lovely cold beer next to the pool. The restaurant is not that busy for lunch and dinner as everyone is usually out and about, breakfast is busy and there is plenty of choice and food. I would recommend staying at the Mekong and when we return to Siem Reap we will stay here again.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

My wife and I with our friends Stayed for 4 days at the Mekong Angkor Palace Hotel in Siem Reap.We were picked up at the Airport for free and we were very happy with our spacious comfortable room with all the amenities. We overlooked the lovely hotel pool which we used daily and was very welcome after a hot days exploring.
Plenty of eateries and bars closeby and a short 10 min walk to the popular pub street or a 2$ ride by tuktuk.
The staff at the hotel were extremely obliging and courteous and arranged our excursions to several beautiful sites. Angkor Wat was as amazing as it was when I first saw it 15 years ago but Siem Reap had grown enormously.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would return happily
jevs

Room Tip: View over the pool
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Room is nice with selection of buffet breakfast. Location is great closed to super market, night market, pup street and restaurants by walking just spent 5 minutes to all attractive place in the heart of Siem Reap City. I do love my quiet room they offered with the pool side view # Room 108. Talking about the staffs are politely and helpful during my stay, especially when my bathroom had problem.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family