All reviews night market swimming pool short alley pub street tuk tuk small lane street noise western choices lucky mall nice hotel hotel entrance free pick up from the airport breakfast spread clean rooms laundry service breakfast included central location
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We stayed at the Mekong Angkor Palace Hotel for 7 nights while visiting Siem Reap in March, and what a great bargain it is! Brilliantly located on one of the main streets leading to the eating and drinking hub (Pub Street and the night market) - only 10 minutes walk away. All the way, though, there are restaurants and places serving cold beer, both on Sivatha Boulevade itself and in the side-streets that run off it.

Walk the other way (ie: turn left out of the alley that leads to the hotel entrance) and there are also plenty of places of interest, including restaurants and supermarkets. And there's a good bank to change money right across the road to the right as you come out of the alley on to the street. Really, the location is ideal.

Since the hotel is down a short alley, you don't get street noise, either.

The STAFF AT RECEPTION ARE WONDERFUL. We just loved them. Very helpful, always cheerful, and ready to joke around. Hi especially to Kang and Sarey!!

Great pool, and you can buy beers and snacks poolside all day if you want.

I have only two only criticisms. Firstly, the breakfast is OK, but nothing special. The fruit plate had only pineapple, banana and dragon fruit every day - no papaya or mango. And although there is quite a lot of food to choose from, including Asian style dishes, croissants, toast, fried potatoes (sometimes with greasy bacon), and the usual egg options, you do get a bit tired of the breakfast after a few days. You can eat as much as you like, though. And considering the bargain hotel rates, the breakfast is very acceptable.

Second criticism: our shower wasn't great. Not much water pressure, and didn't get very hot. Sometimes, luke warm was the best we could get. Still, it's hot and steamy in Siem Reap, so not a huge deal.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It's probably the best value hotel I've ever come across, and I've done a lot of budget travelling. And I really can't say enough good things about the charming staff. This place is a winner.

1  Thank Rossn R
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We stayed here for a few nights and the location is very central to many attractions, not that it is hard to get a tuk tuk to go anywhere, most trips were $2. The hotel is located up a short service road and the hustle, bustle and street noise disappears as you walk in the front door. The staff are very polite, accommodating and helpful. There is a great pool and a bar with lovely cold beer next to the pool. The restaurant is not that busy for lunch and dinner as everyone is usually out and about, breakfast is busy and there is plenty of choice and food. I would recommend staying at the Mekong and when we return to Siem Reap we will stay here again.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

My wife and I with our friends Stayed for 4 days at the Mekong Angkor Palace Hotel in Siem Reap.We were picked up at the Airport for free and we were very happy with our spacious comfortable room with all the amenities. We overlooked the lovely hotel pool which we used daily and was very welcome after a hot days exploring.
Plenty of eateries and bars closeby and a short 10 min walk to the popular pub street or a 2$ ride by tuktuk.
The staff at the hotel were extremely obliging and courteous and arranged our excursions to several beautiful sites. Angkor Wat was as amazing as it was when I first saw it 15 years ago but Siem Reap had grown enormously.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would return happily
jevs

Room tip: View over the pool
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Room is nice with selection of buffet breakfast. Location is great closed to super market, night market, pup street and restaurants by walking just spent 5 minutes to all attractive place in the heart of Siem Reap City. I do love my quiet room they offered with the pool side view # Room 108. Talking about the staffs are politely and helpful during my stay, especially when my bathroom had problem.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Free airport pickup. Room was lovely and clean. Pub street and markets are less then ten mins walk away or you can use the hotel tuk tuk. Staff were really helpful. We had a balcony room overlooking the pool. Be aware when breakfast starts (around 6am) they put the music on so could hear it in the room. Pool looked ok and plenty of sun beds - could just have done with a bit more of the bamboo sheets against the back walls so it felt more private ( was next to a side street and there were some gaps where people could look in )

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple