“Retreat”

My Home Cambodia
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Retreat”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This place is a true gem.
Pool staff hospitality realy good.
Well Done My Home.
Only disapointment was the food.

Room Tip: Have a look
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We booked this place on the back of a recommendation and were really please. Its a short walk (10m) from the centre of town but is a calm, friendly, and fairly luxurious place for the money. The staff we very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool are out back was amazing: private, posh loungers, nice water, a poolside bar serving food (which was really tasty) and drinks (with lounger service!). It was really helpful when one half of the couple has had enough of temples and the other hasn't! Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Rosario, Argentina
Reviewed 31 March 2012

It was truly a wonderful experience! My friend had stayed here a year ago and suggested me this place.... I contacted Mr. Sothea by email and arranged my booking with him... what I didn´t expect was a Tuk Tuk driver at 10pm with a paper with my name at the local bus station, when the only info I had given them was the name of the bus! So... this is how our 3-day-stay started! And it kept coming better and better! They had arranged our full days: Tuk Tuk for 2 days to visit the temples, pool in the evening to relax, dinner in town, visit the markets... everything was extremely well taken care of! My boyfriend and I couldn´t have been more thankful and happy with the stay! We had a very spacious room, AC, clean toilet, extra comfy beds, wi fi (though it didn´t work very well in the room, but you made two steps into the lobby and it was perfect). And the friendliness and kindness of the staff was outstanding! Seriously, we felt like royalty! (I know I´m exagerating, but it was that good!).
Definitely, THE place to stay in Siem Reap!

Room Tip: I think any room is good....
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We wanted 1 room with 2 double beds but they gave us 2 rooms for no extra cost, free room was very musty, toilets and bathroom were same room very small, smelly and basic. Nice people,pool was ok to cool off but did not look clean, we stayed 2 nights and for the cost was ok but if you are spending any longer go for better hotel if you have children, cheers, Mark

• Stayed March 2012

Travellers are raving about these Siem Reap hotels

Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed 5 nights in the My Home Cambodia and enjoyed our stay there. Room was basic but everything you need was there, except a fridge but no one promises that, so it was ok. We had aircondition and fan, a large and very comfortable bed, a warm-water shower and a tv. Quite basic, but in holiday we need nothing more. Staff was friendly and helpful, of course with the typical "Cambodian calmness".
The guesthouse ist located about 800 m away from the city center ("Pub Street"), so if you want quiet it is a great deal to stay there. Tuk Tuk to the city costs about 1 US-Dollar.
After a hot day full of sightseeing and temples it is good to have a pool, like in this guesthose. Pool was very clean an there are some sunloungers around. You get extra towels on the pool and there can be ordered some drinks.
We can recommend this nice place, if we would come again to Siem Reap we would take it again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple