See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This Rodeway Inn isn't as bad as everyone says it is. I was a little worried upon arrival because the outside of the hotel does not look like the pictures anymore. When we checked in (the front office was very small and a little "tired" looking, but the front desk clerk was extremely nice) my boyfriend and I were pleasantly surprised to find that they had upgraded us to a king bed suite for our entire four night stay. We stayed in room 118.

The room was very spacious and accommodating. Upon arrival, the A/C was not already turned on in our room, so it was a little hot but this is probably because they weren't anticipating putting us in that room since we had booked a room with two double beds. It wasn't a big deal, we turned on the A/C, unloaded our things, and went out to dinner. By the time we returned, the room was nice and cool.

The next morning, we went to the beach and after we returned, we found that the housekeeper had made our bed perfectly, cleaned the entire bathroom again, and even straightened up some of the things we had left on the table. The next day, we tipped him. Housekeeping did a great job our entire stay.

You could say that this hotel is strictly a "no frills" place to stay, but what do you expect for the price? It was clean, the staff was friendly, the bed was very comfortable, and it was a nice room.

The only downside to our stay was the last night there, the ceiling did begin to leak. It was pouring outside, so we understood. We just placed our ice bucket under the drip, then told management about it. They were extremely nice and even offered to switch our rooms but we declined, it was only one more night. The staff was very understanding and even said that they had just gotten their ceilings replaced 6 months ago. It wasn't a big deal to us because it was only one more night.

Overall, a good place to stay for a weekend getaway. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a clean, cheap place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cassandra M
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Hi i'm from Ottawa, Canada and I've been staying at this Rodeway Inn every August since 2008 and I have no complaints. I've always had good service here. No bed bugs, no dirty towels, no dirty sheets. I've worked in a couple of hotels and this one is nothing compared to what i've seen. I've never had a mosquito problem here or greenheads, but it's around the bay and swampy land so of course there a bugs flying around in summer humid weather. I've never had a problem with the staff either. All I say is don't judge a place unless you experience it for yourself. I didn't excpect much of a breakfast here but I always either go out or bring my own groceries. I think it's a good price for the value you get. I've always stayed in rooms 115 and 118 and the rooms are largly spaced and clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOANNED333
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Steer clear. The place is in terrible shape, but at $225 was about the cheapest I could find for a Saturday night (note to self: book in advance). The bedspread was stained, though the sheets weren't. The toilet didn't work well. The towels were stained, and when I took them to the front desk to replace them, we probably went through 10-20 bath towels to find a single one that wasn't stained, during which the clerk made some excuse about how it's natural for towels to be stained after they're used a few times, as if me wanting one clean towel was an unreasonable expectation.

The deal breaker was when I was laying in bed the next morning and found either a tick or a bedbug crawling on the pillow next to my head. It was filled with bright red blood (until I squished it). Now, I didn't see more than one, and I was at an outdoor concert the previous night, so it could have been a tick I brought in, but a review on another site by a guy who encountered a lot of bedbugs leads me to believe it could've been a lone bedbug and I got very lucky not bringing it home with me. I told the front desk, she denied it. I took her to the room and showed where I'd killed it & the dead bug on the toilet paper I used, and she insisted I brought it in, or that I left my hotel room door open too long and let it in from outside--either way, my fault again, right?

She did say she would refund my second night's stay (I booked for two nights, and found the bug after the first night), and give me a partial refund on the first night. I didn't look at my receipt from them closely, though, since I was in such a hurry to get out of there; it showed a line that said "Guest Refund," but instead of subtracting the amount, it added it, which is what got charged to my credit card. Now, this amount did get taken off in a separate credit card transaction, leaving my charges at the full first night, but that partial refund she promised is nowhere to be seen.

I called and talked to someone about it, who had very poor communication skills, and after talking in circles with her for 20 minutes and expending all the patience I could muster, eventually got her to take my number and say she'd have the owner give me a call. That was two weeks ago, and of course, no word. She said her name was Daxa, and the owner's name is Vinesh Patel.

Room Tip: Seriously, pick a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank elfbarf
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Not A Family Oriented Place AT ALL!!!! There is no continental breakfast, They just offer coffee. As far as I know not everyone drinks coffee especially children. A Parakeet flies around in the office. There are not any snacks in the vending machine. Mosquitoes attack you when you walk out the door. The room has a very musty smell,as I sprayed half a bottle of Victoria Secret just to get a decent smell in the room. The Front desk calls you in the morning to remind you to check out at 12pm. Just Horrible, if you must stay in the area the comfort inn is right next door, and at least the offer you a hot breakfast and mean it.....

Room Tip: Spend A Little More For Anywhere But Here
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank EricaL84
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Oh my goodness, talk about false advertising. The moment we drove up to this place, we immediately knew this wasn't for us. When we arrived one of the room doors were open. It looked like a run-down dilapidated hole in the wall. It also did not look like a safe place to stay or park your car. Needless to say we immediately cancelled our two day night. Unfortunately, we were only able to get one day back. PLEASE DO NOT STAY IN THIS PLACE. RUN.....

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple