“Awful, dirty, gross, waste of time and money.”
Review of Superlodge

Superlodge
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
New Haven
“Awful, dirty, gross, waste of time and money.”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Arrived at 3 a.m. which didn't deter the manager from waking me at 8:30 to ask if I wanted the room serviced. Clearly neither he or the staff took notice of the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. The mattress was dirty, ancient (felt springs) and so soft it felt as though we were sinking. There were small, black hairs (UGH) on the toilet seat and in the shower and dead bugs on the floor. It smelled of stale urine and the carpets were damp. The "clean" towels had black hairs on them and the sheets smelled moldy. GROSS!!! The "free" internet didn't work and we had to explain to the manager that he needed to reboot his router when he tried telling my partner, an IT project manager, that Comcast had a weak signal. When I complained, the manager made nothing but excuses and said I'd have to take my complaints up with Expedia since I booked through them. NICE!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunnydays007
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Framingham, MA
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Me and husband stood at the Superlodge and their service was terrible. They did not make us feel welcomed. Too expensive and the room was disgusting. Other peoples hair in the shower. The sheets smelled like butt and like they had not been washed in centuries. We were charged thirty dollars extra because we checked out half an hour late because we got delayed at breakfast. A whole day and night would of cost us $30 on a Sunday but they neglected to tell us that and said we had to pay for the extra half hour. We stood in Atlantic City 2 extra nights at a very nice hotel for half the money we paid for this one and their service was awesome. I booked through Expedia which I will never do again The hotel is not worth it the dirtiness was very uncomfortable. I will never go back

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne613

Travellers are raving about these Absecon hotels

Guilford, Maine
Reviewed 3 November 2010

The hotel was great for the price! I was excited to stay in a place so close to AC at such a decent rate. The room was in Good condition- minus the glass that was not vacuumed up in the room and the constant leak of water in the bathroom behind the toilet. The towels.. you might as well call them rags. They charged us $6 for a phone fee, we only used it when THEY called US to see if we needed room service (very nice). We decided to stay an extra day and slept in a bit, so they nicely called us and demand we pay for the room in advance, they proceeded to charge us for an extra day without a word. (Also silly of us not to notice right away) When we got home we realized they had charged our credit card three separate times. One charge over $100 that had no relevance at all!

After calling the manager and having him insult us in countless ways, he finally refunded us the $100 charge but not for the extra night, claiming we said we had requested to stay that night. Do yourself a favor and just stay at a name brand hotel at least you know what you're getting yourself into.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ari8807
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We were very disppointed with our stay at this hotel!! My fiance and I got there at approximately half-hout before check-in and the receptionist rudely told us none of the rooms were ready for check-in; so after our long trip,my fiance asked for a mens room & again she was rude telling us none was availbale; we had to go to Arbys to use the restrooms. The room was filthy and had a serious ANT problem!! the TV switches itself off every hour so it became annoying having to get up each time to switch it back on. The bed was horrible I barely slept because of the extremely uncomfortable mattress. We checked out early because the stay became unbearable!! The advertisement is misleading, there is no dvd or cable. The stay was the most unpleasant!! Horrible!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xhale17
DC
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I stayed at the motel last week for 2 days and I admit I made a horrible mistake staying here I would never to to a room with filthy bed dirty carpet and mold bathroom.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank jason1972Dc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
0.5 km away
1.0 km away
Travelodge Atlantic City
Travelodge Atlantic City
#9 of 18 in Galloway

Been to Superlodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK