US$ 999
  • Breakfast included
Camp Kuzuma(Kasane)
TraveLodge(Kasane)
TripAdvisor
All reviewschobe rivergame driveson stiltslarge double bedboat cruisemosquito nettingthree nightssharonbushbuckcampsiteguineafowllodgetripsbotswanaguidemealsanimals
Reviewed 9 September 2011

When comparing amenities and comfort and beauty it was reasonably priced. Restaurant food was delicious.Dinner is set menu and on the high side. Grounds well established and lush. Mongoose, bird and bush buck, and monkeys abundant on the grounds. Cabins well appointed, clean. Staff friendly and gracious. Tours - game drive, river game watch, trip to Victoria Falls - were provided by professionals, knowledgeable in the ways of the animals and the land. Well worth the price. Best safaris I experienced. Internet service available in office.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank hottop
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We visited Kubu Lodge in July 2011 with our 16 yr old son. We all loved it - the surroundings are beautiful and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. The view across the Chobe river is beautiful and the chalets are charming. Very clean and cosy with mosquito nets on all beds.

The food is fabulous - never had a bad meal. Breakfast was an experience sitting out on the lovely deck overlooking the river with a group of resident mongoose hanging around hoping we might drop a piece of bread.

The game drives into Chobe are amazing - such fantastic game viewing. We took 3 drives out into Chobe and had the same guide each time - Brave. Brave was brilliant and managed to seek out lions on each of the drives - he's just so knowledgable about the area and wildlife. If I had to point out a negative it would be the distance from Chobe. The drive in the open Land Rover was about 20 minutes or more and at 6.00am in July it's pretty chilly - and seems much colder on the open road than in the bush. The sunset cruise is unmissable.

The Kubu staff are great - all of them. Service was always with a smile. I had a birthday during my stay and the travel agent had tipped them off. When we went down for dinner we were escorted through the restaurant to the boma where a special table had been laid - candlelight, fresh flowers scattered on the table and a fire lit to keep us warm, and blankets on each chair in case we got chilly. The restaurant team then appeared with a cake iced with my name and proceeded to serenade with 'Happy Birthday'. Normally at home this would have been embarrassing but here it was charming.

This is just an example of the lengths they go to to ensure we are pampered have a wonderful time.

If you're looking for a real bush camp experience this isn't the place for you. It's more of a hotel than a camp, although all the rooms are in individual chalets. We came looking for a camp experience and although this wasn't what we were looking for we had a wonderful time and couldn't fault it. The Chobe area is quite commercialised so I imagine bush camps don't exist in this area.

All in all a lovely place, peaceful, relaxing and very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank lizateve
Reviewed 15 December 2010

This a nice lace if you are staying in Kasane, The food this last time was better than before (we had some vegetarian lasagna). Not a lot of dishes to choose from but is ok. The rooms are small but cute with mosquito netting and a little safe in the closet, small showers but they have setting area outside in the balcony. The gardens are well maintained and you can see some animals walking around. The camping spots seem to be ok but a little crowded for me.The staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ifrankallen
Reviewed 16 October 2010

the bungalows are situated in a very nice garden, where banded mongoose, bushboks etc, were browsing. A good restaurant, with riverview(Chobe). very friendly people. Good gamedrives (the gamedrives organized by the Garden Lodge were slightly better). One inconvenience: Our bungalow was sitated at the perimeter, it took 15 minutes before we got hot water.
The vic Falls are nearby.
Ask at the reception for a guided tour.
regards. schliek

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

The lodge located between Kasane and the Zimbabwe border sits in a nice large park like area on the banks of the Chobe River. The rooms are what they call chalets - buildings on stilts. They are equipped with toilet, shower and a fan - no airconditioning. The bed got a large moskito net. We had just booked the B&B arrangement. Upon arrival we were informed for what all things we have to pay extra - very lengthy and repeatedly. We booked B&B intentionally and we know what it means! After checkin I wanted to use one of the luggage carts outside the front office building to take our luggage to the rooms - it was taken away from me by the staff so I had to carry the luggage all the way (I have to admit I did not ask whether I could use it). When I enquired about the 15:15 afternoon boat cruise at about 14:45 I was told it has left already. When asking where there was an ITM in Kasane I was simply told "yes" - no further information given also when asking again. We went elsewhere for dinner - coming back we were asked twice when we will go to the restaurant for dinner!
In the morning breakfast starts at 7:30 - that means they will start arranging breakfast at 7:30. Going on a Vic Falls daytrip this meant by the time we had to leave the restaurant (1/2 hour earlier than indicated due to the unriliability of the time info given) all we could have was bread, butter and cheese as well as fruit and cerelas. When asking at the front desk where to wait for the departure at the trip we were told to wait at the parking lot. Which we did sitting on the railing. Other people were sold a private guided tour to the Vic Falls and were booked on the regular shuttle transfer on which we went too (which is what we wanted). The pool was dirty and cold.
I had they impression that they want to sell their "all inclusive" package - if you don´t you are not welcome, so at least they want to sell their meals. Management is indifferent about the issues and did not reply when I complained. To sum it up: no service, not organized, no communication and indifferent - what a pitty at this nice location! they will not see me again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple