Cayo Espanto(San Pedro)
US$ 1,630
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 2,156/night.

De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$ 49
US$ 46
  • Beachfront
bedfinder
TripAdvisor
Rainbow Hotel(Caye Caulker)
No availability for your dates from these sites
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrum punchcave tubinghibiscus flowershot tubmayan ruinsbug sprayour honeymoonoff the beaten pathhidden treasurehorseback ridethrough customsgrounds are beautifulevery mealcevichetree housemud massagetour guide
Reviewed 29 May 2016

Our time with Melanie and her crew at Maruba was amazing! She was so kind and accommodating for our crew of 11 people. We spent our time swimming, drinking, eating and dancing ... and loved every minute of it! Maruba also took us on an amazing tour to Lamanai and arranged another great boat ride for us to Caye Caulker. We feel very grateful that we had a chance to stay at this funky and unique place and I will never forget my experience there! No complaints. Not even close to one.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2016

This was my 3rd trip to Maruba; yes, I love it THAT much! As always, my spa treatments were amazing, as were my accomodations, tours, service, food and hospitality. I feel like this is my home away from home. I love everyone that works here, as I could not ever ask for a better experience. Maruba is my little piece of heaven, and I will come back time and time again! It's a little pricey, but personally I think it's well worth it!

Some guests are slightly thrown off by the armed security, but I promise they're so very friendly and can strike a great conversation with you!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank ashleymelick
Reviewed 13 May 2016

I recently went with my family for a wedding celebration. I went late April. I was amazed by the hospitality and kindness the staff offered. They were very accommodating and gracious.! The food was smaller portioned than I expected.. but the sirloin steak forgave all the other smaller meals i had on my two day stay. I recommend this resort! Travel as a couple or in groups.. so great!

Room Tip: nope..all are great!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2016

My girlfriend and I took our first trip out of the country together to Belize. I had been as a baby, (my parents are from there) but it essentially was the first time for both of us. Having seen a groupon for several resorts, we opted to do a 3-day stay at Maruba for one of them, and had a wonderful time.

Pros:
First and foremost, the service and staff is excellent. Everyone there treated us extremely well...they were warm, friendly, and helpful. We prebooked 3 different land tours with them (ATM cave tour, Lamanai Ruins and Riverboat tour, Horseback Riding), and they were able to confirm all of our activities and arrange for transportation, which was a huge help since we were staying a bit far from most of those locations. The food was quite good, and the rooms were nice. (Note: we were given a free upgrade to their suite, which was very large/nice as compared to our first room.) They have 2 different pools, and a mineral bath, all of which are nice after a full day of hiking, etc. There is wifi, but it is limited to the lobby and restaurant areas, and not available in the room. My girlfriend arranged for a aromatherapy(?) massage, and she enjoyed that as well.

Cons: If you are not looking to really get away in seclusion, this may not be the place for you. Maruba is in a pretty rural area, the jungle essentially, not close to much else...you will have to arrange for transportation to get around to other sites within the country if that is part of your plan. It is not a beach/caye resort, and those resorts are quite different than what you would find at Maruba. That said, if you want to really "unplug" it is perfect. Again, it's very much adjacent to the jungle, so need bug repellent always. Probably the same for most places in the country, but without it you might find it rough. Because there isn't really anywhere else to eat nearby, you have to eat there, and although the food is great, it can add up cost wise. Budget accordingly for food if you plan on staying there.

In short, we loved the stay at Maruba, and it provided a great, holistic experience of Belize as compared to the resorts in San Pedro (that was the second half of our trip). The really provide a relaxing environment (hibiscus flowers in rooms, incents, etc.) and do all they can to help you simply chill and take in all that Belize has to offer

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markanthonyj20
Reviewed 11 May 2016

The location of this resort is quite remote, which is what I prefer! It's about 45 minutes from BZE, which can be a bit bumpy and twisty, but the driver may let you grab a couple beers and a snack for the drive to the resort which is fun!

At first the decor is a little shocking, as it majorly contrasts with the natural environment (zebra and cheetah print) but looking past that, the grounds are pretty incredible. Surrounded by beautiful palms and tropical flowers, you can't beat that. Our favorite area to hang out was by the pool with the bluetooth hook up. Enjoy a rum punch (strong!) or a hibiscus mojito (super refreshing).

The room was a nice surprise! We had a third person in our party so they accommodated for that, which we really appreciated. This was our friends first time out of the country so we really wanted everything to be a pleasant experience for her. The room had small details that made a big difference. Cold water in a thermos that they provide daily, along with a mini fridge of bottled water was amazing in the middle of the night. The rain shower was beautiful with the tile, pressure was light but what can you expect in a jungle resort.

The food as mentioned by a few people is a little pricey considering the serving size, but every meal we had was great. For breakfast the french toast and fruit crepes are excellent. Coffee is tasty as well. For lunch we wraps, which were all worth ordering. We all had fish for dinner each night never failed.

All three of us received the Mood Mud Massage which was a fun experience. It's fully nude besides a pair of disposable underwear, so beware if you are not comfortable with that! I would recommend the massage. Skip the Mani/Pedi as it's very basic.

Warning: The flies (horse flies maybe?) were bad. We got eaten up even with big spray on and itched like crazy for a whole week.

Overall considering this was a Groupon find, this resort was more than we expected! The staff were all friendly and welcoming. Thank you Maruba for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends