“Disgusting Pool”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland
Reviewed 21 August 2017

First the positive,We stayed Sunday through Friday and the campground was fairly quiet other than a few sights that would blare their loud music, however quiet time was strictly enforced. The were plenty of activities for the kids such as peddle carts, playgrounds, as well as several activities. However a big part of staying at this campground is the pool and water playground. Both were completely gross. It was like week old bath water. The shower houses were also disgusting and the hot water worked when it wanted to. I will never stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Ok, let me start off with the good. Bathrooms were clean. Had toilet paper in them. Wagon ride looks fun, but should be offered more than 9 am and 930 am. Our grandson liked the kids pool, but it's getting worn out on slides and water animals are peeling.
Believe the other reviews when they say it wasn't good. We were in a site across from the river/ beach area which I am sure must have been the flooded section because we had a pond filling up right on our site. It was raining when we arrived. This was site 91 A, and do avoid it! People will walk right through your site to get to the beach area all day long.
We camped in a our small rv, in a mostly tent section where we had the extreme misfortune of being neighbors with a site filled with at least 20 gypsies playing loud, non English music all day and night. Friday we got no sleep and promptly after 10 pm on Saturday which is quiet time, we called the office to ask the management to ask them to turn down music. There was no answer . Just a machine where I left a message.
We hardly saw any adults working at this place. All teenagers. We tried to rent a boat but there was no way. There was a long wait list and not enough boats . There were 4 plus some canoes and a few kayaks. No where near enough for the amount of people wanting to rent them. This place gets a huge thumbs down from us.Will not return. Overcrowded. Packed in with no privacy whatsoever. I have more peace in my backyard in the city. Ugh.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Rented a rustic cabin it was rustic just your basic needs but it seems nice enough it was a Halloween themed weekend that was a lot of fun a lot of people decorated their cabins and dressed up there was a parade and best dressed costume and then all the kids went trick-or-treating that was fun it rained a lot while we were there and they had a bunch of indoor planned activities so all and all I would say it would be a great place to spend the weekend don't know that I'd want to spend a week.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Rented a delux cabin. I found it very clean and odor free. Kids loft has a mattress but no actual bed. That's to be expected for space reasons. The kids loved the loft. Bunk room easily fits 4 kids and double bed in main room was ok. Don't expect a lot of space for storage it's a cabin and counter tops are small.
The staff was pleasant and friendly at all times. Yogi has scheduled times for pictures and hay rides. The pool area was always clean and splash park was a blast. Blow up slides open 3 hrs a day. Must sign a safety waiver. Again very fun. You can't staff it all day for safety and personnel reasons. 3 hours was plenty. River beach was nice and clean. A bit of a hill but ok. Rental staff pleasant.
Sites are average may be a little close but I was there for the fun. I will go back again and recommend anyone else to give it a try.
They are working on tv and wifi. I thought it was nice to disconnected for a while. I did have my phone with good service.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Matt S, Guest Relations Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for the great review. See you next time!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We rented a deluxe cabin based on our son having been there with his kids last year. It was awful. The deluxe cabin is falsely advertised as sleeping 8 comfortably with two double beds, two bunk beds, and a loft. One of the double mattresses was actually in the loft. We expected small, but comfortably? Not so much.

The smell of urine in the bathroom and the bunk room was almost intolerable. My daughter slept in our van because she couldn't breathe the smell was so bad. We called the office and they came, made everything wet, still smelled awful. The entire cabin was filthy, no broom to be seen. The "front steps" consisted of a wooden step, slanted downward and two cement blocks, also slanted downward. We had one serious fall from that.

Garbage piled up in and around a garbage can about 20 feet from the front of our cabin.

The entire staff, from the office workers, to the managers there, to the young people running the slides and kayak areas were very unresponsive and were of little help. The slides were only open for three hours, a HUGE problem that is not advertised. Once I was told it was the wind (none to be found) and on Sunday we were told that the person running the slides did not come in. So the 12-3 time for the slides (ridiculous and unadvertised) now was 12:30 to 3:00. I told them they should stay open until 3:30. They did not seem to have the mental capacity to understand that. The guy at the kayak place was clueless, barely knew how many kayaks were there.

The slide area looks like an abandoned parking lot. Fences leaning all over, ground was stone and mud. The horse shoe pits were a joke. An abandoned field with some metal bars stuck in the ground. Had to rent the horse shoes. Are you kidding?

Sites are packed in like sardines. Just an awful place. Based on other bad reviews I did not contact the main office for these parks as they just push you to the sites. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. If I ever consider Jellystone again it will require an on-site inspection first. .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
1.5 km away
4.6 km away
Inn on Golden Pond
Inn on Golden Pond
#2 of 3 in Holderness

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK