“Camping Memories”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland
Reviewed 5 September 2014

I have to say I am writing this review in defence of all the negative reviews on this park !
My son and myself have been coming to this park for the last four years as a son a dad thing, we just tried out our new tent this year.
My son is now 13 years old and we still love this park, yes there is people walking around drinking and yes there is kids on bikes and yes there can be noise at night from other campers.
This is a campground not the Hilton yes there is campfires and people having fun again this is a campground !
We had so much fun this year as a treat I brought my son back for a weekend to stay In a deluxe cabin, yes there was a vertical ladder to the loft for the other queen bed its a cabin in the woods again not a hotel, if you want a elevator you are in the wrong place.
Last year over 4th July weekend I upgraded my stay from a tent to a RV and have to say RV was awesome even came with porch and a outside gas grill.
From my experience with this park if you want a quiet stay with not to many campers I would stay from Monday thru Friday yes the weekends have lots more people.
I would like to say a big thank you to the young girl that does the candy bar bingo she was awesome and made my sons day every time.
If you are looking to pitch a tent in the shade under trees ect go for the sites around 44 45 ect plus you are by the fishing dock you can find these on the map, if you want a trailer go for the upper level around pool area ect.
I find the staff to be awesome every time we visit and very helpful yes they are kids but they do try.
There is plenty of places to visit nearby, if you like vintage video games visit fun spot 30 mins away you will not regret it.
There is squam lake and the nearby squam lake natural science wildlife park, don't forget Clarkes trading post 45 minutes away.
If you visit Ashland 10 minutes away you will find a great butcher shop and general store, stop by the common man for lunch or dinner.
Yes the bathrooms need a little update but they do work and serve there purpose, let the showers run for five minutes and they do get hot..
There is a little beach area were you can rent boats karts ect, I thought that the camp store is well stocked yes you will pay a little more then drive into Ashland and go to the general store.
I think in general that this is a awesome camp site and I will be back for more next year.
I have great memories here with my son the fish he caught the nearby places we visited and all the fun of camping.
Go Yogi Bear Park ! See you next year !
Happy Camping..

Revere MA

Room Tip: If you want a quiet camping stay with little campers stay Mon - Thur
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Simon R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Fun, friendly campground. Lots of activities for kids. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Bathrooms could use an upgrade. We stayed in a deluxe house which slept eight people. A little bit tight and 2nd bed was up on a loft so we had to climb up a small set of stairs to get to our bed but my fiancé and I didn't mind. Overall great place for kids. We will definitely be returning again.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I don't even know where to start. We rented a so called deluxe cabin. The bathroom was filthy. Around the toilet looked like it had never been cleaned. The website publicity is completely misleading. The so-called fun zone for the kids, operates between 12 and 3 PM. That is exactly between checkout and check-in times, I guess to make sure nobody actually uses it. The second double bed in the deluxe cabin is on a loft. You have to climb a vertical ladder to get to it. The campground looks rundown, and needs some upkeep. They advertised a Scooby Doo movie night, all the kids went to watch the movie, and nobody showed up, the movie never played. They have a ridiculous reservation system whereby if you arrive 30 minutes before check-in, they don't tell you which cabin you're in, so you stand around in the general store for 30 minutes. Not the end of the world, but when I encounter something that is the first time I have ever heard of it my life, I have to wonder, what's with this place. They also have a ridiculous checkout system, whereby they have to come and inspect your cabin before you can leave. Looked good on the website, totally disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Fuzzywuzzy99
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The campground needs some major upgrades from a parents view. From a kids view, the place is fun. It's small enough that the kids can ride their bikes and you don't have to worry too much. Cars do drive a little too fast for my liking, but otherwise, the staff was good and let us have fun, within reason. Wouldn't recommend it, but again, the kids had fun.

3  Thank michaeldL8532PF
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family of four (son's 2 and 5 yrs old) just spent our first weekend at Jellystone in NH last weekend. We rented a deluxe cabin facing the river (past the store). I was very nervous because the reviews were so bad! But, I can safely say I was pleasantly surprised. Its a CAMPGROUND. I did not see tons of garbage as everyone said (they pick up trash twice a day!), the kiddie pool area was great (water was chilly but oh well), music and entertainment seemed fun, loved the snack bar, my little one's loved the hay ride and bouncy houses and we can't wait to go back. Morning two, our toilet stopped flushing. They couldn't have been quicker to respond and fix it. I didn't care that we had no internet or trash can. The cabin was clean when we arrived as well as raked! We picked the perfect 'end' of the campground as it was fairly peaceful & quiet, almost no traffic and faced the woods/river. I can imagine that if you were anywhere near the middle or other end of the campground, it did seem loud. We had a blast, hope they keep on making improvements! (Note: Don't check in at 3; huge line, wait and hour and your golden )

3  Thank m0minnh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
1.5 km away
4.6 km away
Inn on Golden Pond
Inn on Golden Pond
#2 of 3 in Holderness

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK