“Great Views”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alton Bay
Sandy Point Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alton Bay
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Sandy Point Beach Resort has beautiful views of the lake. Perfect for the one night we needed to be in Alton and priced in my budget. Rooms are very dated but clean. I would stay again if in the area.

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Old timey summer camp resort on Lake Winnipesaukee. Gorgeous views, beach,kayaking and easy access to the small villages on the lake. Stayed in the lower motel rooms with knotty line walls, all kitchenette, and 2 rooms with bath. Not deluxe but great price and great fun.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The Classic menu is back. Lobster any way you like it--steamed, broiled, lobster stuffed, seafood stuffed. We had everything, and it was excellent--as was the generous portion of prime rib...
The sides, particularly the Brussels sprouts with bacon and the grilled asparagus were delicious. And the servers are friendly and charming. A great place for a classic New England summer dinner!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2017

SPBR was kind enough to let us have a room for just one night, which is getting harder to find. They added a cot. We slept, we left the next morning. Mission accomplished. I would add, the view from our room (1B) was spectacular (I'll attach it to this review). The room was inexpensive and included a kitchenette. All-in-all, it was efficient, cost effective, and got the job done. That said, this is not the Ritz. The room smelled of many years of stale smoke. I opened the windows, and the smoke from people outside wafted in. This room is on a patio, overlooking the water. People were walking the patio, smoking, hanging out, right outside our window. It took me a while to get the curtains to close, blocking view and air. The TV barely worked. The facilities are tired. So were we. The hotel had the feel of people who come and stay for long amounts of time, and probably have been doing so for years. Lawn chairs, horseshoes, watching boats go by. A biker haven (think Harley, not Shimano). Several restaurants in walking distance. The ratings "charming" or "quaint" are a matter of preference.

Room Tip: Bring your own food to cook, if you want to save on meals. Kitchen is outfitted. Plan to spend you...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I started going to Sandy Point Beach Resort in 1948 with my parents and we went every year into the late 1970's. It is/was my favorite summers place of all time. I have extremely fond memories that will last forever from the Iceman delivery to the Mount Washington coming into the Bay. The Olleuette family are friendly, helpful and fun. I will never forget "Bricky" and his old dump truck.
I am now 70 years old and my parents are long gone, but I had to go back and visit my favorite place one more time. Nothing has changed (thank you) and I loved every minute.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank RedSoxLifer

Been to Sandy Point Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK