All reviews sandy point beach comfortable bed linens lake kitchenette
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The Classic menu is back. Lobster any way you like it--steamed, broiled, lobster stuffed, seafood stuffed. We had everything, and it was excellent--as was the generous portion of prime rib...
The sides, particularly the Brussels sprouts with bacon and the grilled asparagus were delicious. And the servers are friendly and charming. A great place for a classic New England summer dinner!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2017

SPBR was kind enough to let us have a room for just one night, which is getting harder to find. They added a cot. We slept, we left the next morning. Mission accomplished. I would add, the view from our room (1B) was spectacular (I'll attach it to this review). The room was inexpensive and included a kitchenette. All-in-all, it was efficient, cost effective, and got the job done. That said, this is not the Ritz. The room smelled of many years of stale smoke. I opened the windows, and the smoke from people outside wafted in. This room is on a patio, overlooking the water. People were walking the patio, smoking, hanging out, right outside our window. It took me a while to get the curtains to close, blocking view and air. The TV barely worked. The facilities are tired. So were we. The hotel had the feel of people who come and stay for long amounts of time, and probably have been doing so for years. Lawn chairs, horseshoes, watching boats go by. A biker haven (think Harley, not Shimano). Several restaurants in walking distance. The ratings "charming" or "quaint" are a matter of preference.

Room Tip: Bring your own food to cook, if you want to save on meals. Kitchen is outfitted. Plan to spend your time outside.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I started going to Sandy Point Beach Resort in 1948 with my parents and we went every year into the late 1970's. It is/was my favorite summers place of all time. I have extremely fond memories that will last forever from the Iceman delivery to the Mount Washington coming into the Bay. The Olleuette family are friendly, helpful and fun. I will never forget "Bricky" and his old dump truck.
I am now 70 years old and my parents are long gone, but I had to go back and visit my favorite place one more time. Nothing has changed (thank you) and I loved every minute.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank RedSoxLifer
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here a few years in a row now. Always wicked friendly, clean rooms , I bring my boat and reserve a slip for it,
All I want when staying in a motel style place is what I expect at home. Clean comfortable bed linen , clean carpet , nice bath, comfortable bed and towels with plenty of life in them.

This place has it all. Like in the other articles if you are looking for Sandles resort you may be disappointed .

There is a restaurant next door but did not get a shot at it. Great menu.

The kids I saw loved the beach and the crystal clear water. 4 Ice cream places down town. Local places to eat, no chains.

See you there next year!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2015

We stayed only for one night but wish we could have stayed longer in the season. The rooms are slightly dated but good and kept clean it is the massive deck and the amazing views that greet you that make this a very good rating.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple