“Absolutely Terrible”

El Paisano Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 95 Restaurants in Arnold
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

It may not of helped that we decided to go to lunch on Christmas Eve but my food was disgusting. I ordered two tacos and the meat tasted worse than a jack n the box taco. It made me sick to my stomach with two bites. We told the server that the quality was unacceptable, she told us that she'd have to get her manager to approve taking the food of the bill. Her manager had to call the owner to get approval. Took over 10 mins to get the manager to come back to us and my wife had to knock on the door to even get her to give us a response. We will never come back not only for the poor customer service but because the food was horrendous

2  Thank Bryce1020

Reviewed 19 June 2015

i really enjoyed my food (fajitas) but few other in group didnt care for theirs. the service was awful..they were slow, like 2 tables, and i think we got drinks refilled once. other then that the place looked clean and ok food

Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

The restaurant only had three other groups of diners while we were eating but only one waitress was working. I expected slow service but she was very quick and attentive. We were never waiting for refills or service. She was quick and efficient at all tables. As for the food, it is easily the best Mexican food I have had in the area. The chicken was moist and so was the rice. Nothing was over cooked and our food came out warm and wonderful. The atmosphere was excellent as well. Overall we were very pleased and have a new go to for Mexican.

Reviewed 3 February 2015

Went with wife and step daughter for a nice night out. Was not aware it would take the majority of the evening. Normally you are given a bowl of chips and salsa which is basically to tide you over till the food arrives. Service was so slow, we went through 4 bowls of chip. The wait time was extreme.

There was the normal menu and a long list of specials which included an impressive selection of sea food which was a little surprising. The margaritas were good but little on the pricey side in comparison with other restaurants in the area.

The food was nothing over the top. just normal Mexican fare. Prices were reasonable. Restaurant was clean but a little on the crowded side. Tables are very close to one another.

As I said everything was OK except for the wait. As an example just to pay the bill to almost thirty minutes so you can imagine how long it took to get food. Unless you have lots of time on your hands I can't recommend.

Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant and plenty of room between tables which is helpful with two toddlers .
I ordered a margarita that was on a special. It was pretty comparable to other restaurants and didn't that over powering lime juice that tends to make my teeth sore.
Salsa and cheese dip is what you expect ( not too mild not too spicy).
I ordered a chicken quesadilla with extra cheese and my husband ordered the steak ( which was a cheap steak covered a plate full of vegetables. Very comparable to the steak fajita platter minus the steak not being cut up.
Overall I really enjoyed it and we will be returning .