“Service is good, but the food is pretty average.”

Lindey's Prime Steak House
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Arden Hills
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Road E
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Perhaps some people like this as a classic steakhouse or almost supper club feel, but I am afraid I don't see the appeal of this place. They have a meal (salad, bread, potatoes, steak) -- and you get a fair amount of food for a decent price...but then the bread sticks/bread looks like hot dog buns that got lightly toasted with butter, the salad is served in cheap plastic bowls. Depending on the steak you get, the kitchen will definitely cook it to your desired temperature and it's a decent size - and while it might be better than you make at home - it does not even start to compare to the steaks I get at a steak house like Manny's or Ruth Chris Steak House.

On the plus side, they have a good birthday club - as of 2016 they still sent out a postcard with a certificate towards a steak meal.

The service is good.

The decor is old-fashioned/non-existent, but is clean and well-maintained over all.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Lindeys never disappoints. This time we went around 6:30 and hit the turnover perfectly. Food is always exquisite and the wait staff friendly and great!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I have dined here for over 40 years and the food is always great. We went there this week and were happy to see that nothing had changed. Drinks are great with many classics, even had ice cream drinks. I had the sirloin which was delicious and huge and my husband had shrimp which were also delicious. Enjoyable experience in a cozy atmosphere.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We try to stop at lindey's a few times a year when we are visiting the cities. We started going there almost 30 years ago when we lived in the area. Nothing has changed in the last 30 years. Great steak served with a old supper club atmosphere. Expect a hour wait. You don't go for the atmosphere but the steak is excellent.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend bought me my Birthday dinner at Lindey's on Thursday night. If you fill out a card you get $25 towards the price of your meal every year around your birthday. We ordered one prime sirloin (they only serve steak and shrimp) and an extra plate ($12). There is plenty of steak for two, and we always end up bringing some home. They serve a plain lettuce salad with what appears to be Thousand Island dressing. Except for the salad, the steak, potatoes and bread were all very good. We have eaten here several times, and if you like steak, it is tough to beat.