Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We had an awesome time at this extended stay. It was clean, the staff was friendly and the ammenities were nice. I didn't like that there aren't any supermarkets around (because we had a kitchen in our room) but it is really pretty close to a HUGE outlet mall. It was a great stay for the price!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lenzchick_1
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for your positive review of your stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe – Auburn Hills. I am so happy to hear your stay was a success! You are right – Great Lakes Crossing is a very cool outlet mall and we are very close. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed at the above location on May 19, 2012.

Once I arrived to the room, I only dropped my things off and headed out to the mall then to dinner. I returned to the room at about 1130pm. Once there I used the bathroom. The toilet stated to run from behind so there was a pudding of standing water on the floor. I needed some extra bedding and went to call the front desk but the phone did not work. I did not make a big deal of either of those minor things however when I pulled the cover back and saw the bed bugs I was disgusted. I immediately went to the front desk for a refund as I was not about to transfer bed bugs from the hotel to my home. On my way up with the front desk attended he stated they has problems with bed bugs. He stated they came from the people of “Indian decent”. He taped the bug to a piece of paper and wrote a letter for the manager to read in Monday morning. I was surprised that there was no policy in place for a situation like mine when the hotel is obviously aware of. I left the hotel and had to find another location or driver back home at midnight. I took a towel and laid it on my car seat and when I got to the second hotel that night, I immediately threw my clothes away.

I called the hotel Monday morning and left a voicemail with the manager. My husband also called and left 2 voicemails. I was very surprised the manager did not call me as he was in at 9am and I did not called until after 11pm. I called back and the front desk attendant told me a refund was issued to my card. The manager never called me, emailed me or wrote me an apology. My husband spoke with him around 3pm, still no apology, and said it was a baby cockroach and that the bug was dead. Like a cockroach is better than a bed bug. Also I have pictures and took a video of a VERY alive bug. I had future reservation with the extended stay and I needed to make this a month trip however this situation has spoiled my opinion of the hotel. Everything would have been find has the manager just apologies, instead he blew me off.

Room Tip: check tripadvisor before booking anything
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mz A
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. Our management team also worked with our pest control company to ensure the bug you found was a ladybug, not a bed bug. I sincerely apologize for any insect in your room but wanted to assure you it was indeed not a bed bug. In addition, after speaking with both managers, it appears your husband did speak with both the General Manager and Assistant General Manager. We also refunded your credit card for your stay due to the inconvenience.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I found that I needed a room while visiting my Son, daughter-in-law, and my newest grandbaby in Oxford, MI. so I went on line to find the best price and ended up at the Extended Stay Deluxe Auburn Hills/Featherstone. They were great I can't say enough about the employee's they were all very kind. when I arrived the young lady checking me in all ready had all my paperwork done so my check-in was speedy. The room was WOW when I walked in I was amazed at how nice it was. I'm not sure what I was expecting but It was not rated as a 4 or a 5 star motel, which is what I would rate them. my stay in Michigan was perfect thanks to them and the price was perfect. Thank you so much again for your Northern hospitality.
Sally Mathis

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 4 month during my business trip and I was perfectly satisfied. Free Wifi is provided, which is very important if one has to work at the hotel room.

The staff was always very friendly and could help me out with every question I had.
Right now I am staying at the hotel for the second time for another 3 1/2 month and I want to recommend the ESD to everyone who is looking for a clean and quiet business-friendly hotel.

Room Tip: As a smoker you can ask for a room near one of the exits
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for staying with us again! Thank you for your positive review of your stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe – Auburn Hills. It’s great to have you back. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Our stay at ESD was excellent. Great value and the staff was very friendly and courteous and accomadating. They have a nice continental breakfast and the area is quiet.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for your positive review of your stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe – Auburn Hills. Your feedback is very appreciated and great to hear! Thank you for staying with us.