“Romantic Getaway Package”

Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
“Romantic Getaway Package”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I bought a romantic getaway package off Groupon for this hotel. It included a King suite with jacuzzi, rose petals, a box of chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne, & two free drinks at the bar. My biggest complaint is that the jets in my jacuzzi didn't work, and management only offered me 10% off my next visit within the next 90 days. I told them to never mind because I won't be back within 90 days... Then when I got home and looked at my online bank account... they charged me 3 different times.. first $10.00, then $109.99 then $99.00.. I have no idea what's going on with these charges... My only charge from the actual hotel should be $11.00 for taxes... so I'm kind of annoyed with that. But the room was nice and clean, breakfast was good, and overall it was a great stay. I just hope those charges get erased asap, because If I hadn't gotten paid last night It would have over drew my account and I would be raising a bigger fuss.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Felicia H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Destin, Florida, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We drove 500 miles from TN to Ann Arbor, we called ahead I told the desk attendant that we needed a double and a roll away. Rachael immediately got a bad attitude. She said we have no roll away. I pay cash and she said it is a $50 deposit I said ok . Then she said the policy changed and it is now $20 [ She doesn't know?] Ok so we get a double and when we get to the room no heat. My wife goes down and she gets another attitude and starts saying that she doesn't like our attitude? She then said well I will get fired but here is a suite. My wife said we don't want a suite just give us what we paid for. So we take the suite. She tells us that no elevator goes to the floor and use the stairs so we do. We find out later that the elevator does go to our floor and that she doesn't know her way around after working here for a year? This time 2 heaters not working, toilet seat falling off. sink handle falling off and shower won't get warm. It is now 2am and we just say forget we don't feel like dealing with the desk again and go to sleep...room 61 degrees!!I am a heat and air tech so I used my infrared thermometer to check temp. The next morning our room key doesn't work so we tell Rachael and she said" My manage wasn't happy with me that I gave you a suit room and I will get fired. My wife said well tell the manager that we had no heat, " she said no you tell him!! This place is very terrible customer service. Pay the extra money and stay at the Holiday Inn that claims " Friendliest place. because the place is a dump and when you complain to the desk the try and make you feel that it is your fault. My fault that you had no roll away beds? My fault that the heaters don't work, the shower is luke warm, the handles and toilet seat falling off and my fault that you have no public relations skills? I don't think so...highly recommend you do not stay here. The only friendly person was the morning cook.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BillyP1961

Travellers are raving about these Ann Arbor hotels

Rochester MI
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We were attending the NYE party at the Weber Inn across the street, but they had no more rooms. Weber's suggested the Clarion as an overflow property. The prior reviews are accurate. This is a combination property supporting families as well as business travelers. The atrium area contains the pool, hot tub, and a large multi-use area which was set up with individual tables at the time of our stay. The area was relatively quiet, but it was NTE and the parking lot was at least 1/2 empty.

It was obvious that one large family was having its annual get together in the atrium area. There were numerous groups setting at tables playing games or talking. Various hotel room doors were open so family members could go in and out. There was a large table in an alcove that was set up with crock pots, cakes, snacks and so on. This was not in the way or anything like that. Everyone was relatively quiet. There were some individual families wit hsmaller kids that checked in at the same time as we did. They quickly made their way to the pool, with the kids being kids. They were rather loud. The sound was noticable in our third floor room that faced the pool atrium area. If you were a business traveler you would want a room on the back, away from the atrium.

Our room was clean, the sheets and bed were fine. We were puzzled when a king size bed had only three squace accent size pillows. We called the front desk and were told to come down, as they were short staffed and could not bring pillows up immediately. The pillows I was given were two more of the square ones.

The room was relatively clean. I would cite only a few things for improvements. The grout and caulk around the tub could stand some attention. It was not yucky, but did have some dark marks.

There was a inexpensive plastic lens that covered the light bulbs in the bathroom, dropped into a frame like a suspended ceiling tile. Any time the door to the room was opened or closed this plastic lens lisfted and then flopped back, making a loud obnoxious noise. They shoud put some velcro on the lense and frame to prevent the flopping noise.

One other thing really bothered us. Here it was, New Year Eve. My g.f. is trying on a couple of outfits while I was gettig ready myself. There was a knock at the door, and someone says "Maintenance". I looked out the peephole, and there is indeed a guy standing there in a Clarion shirt. I opened the door, and the guy is saying that he is there to check to see if the coffee pot is working correctly. HUH? Secondly, the guy looked like he was about two days out of prison - long grease hair pulled behind his ears, unshaved, and so on. I literally put my hand in my pocket, and took hold of my folding knife. The guy was kind of pushy, wanting to get in. I thought it was a ruse. I told him to go away and slammed the door. I immediately called the front desk, presuming I'd hear that there was no such person working. In reality i was told he was with indeed maintenace staff. They had lost a lot of coffee makers, and he was checking each room to see if it was stolen or not. HUH? Why couldn't housekeepers check when cleaning? I told them to use the time between check out and check in for such things, not to bother us!

Oh - the pool area and hot tub were clean. There was a dry sauna, but it was not working correctly. The pool water was rather warm, which was fine with us due to the frigid temperature outside. It was a bit like a tepid bathtub.

Room Tip: Families with kids might opt for first floor. Business travelers wanting quiet should opt for upper...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jiml3222
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Safety clearly isn’t a concern while staying at this hotel. Neither is customer satisfaction. My car was STOLEN while staying here. Not only did it take the staff over two hours to review the safety cameras—which they then claimed weren’t even working, but then this situation was never even settled. After the police arrived, all of a sudden the cameras were working again. An apology and a free drink were given, and that was it. A free drink? Seriously? Why yes, my vehicle was in fact comparable to one alcoholic beverage, but only one. Thanks for a complete slap in the face. Now I’m out of a car AND a vacation. If you want a piece of your life to be completely ruined, please feel free to stay at the “beyond-ghetto” Clarion Inn. This place needs to be shut down. They don’t care about the appearance and quality of their building[s], and they certainly don’t give a flying leap about the happiness of their customers. In return for their crappy service, I will post this complaint on every hotel review website I can get my hands on. I refuse to be treated like this, and I hope to prevent future woes. I would honestly feel safer sleeping in an alley in downtown Detroit than staying here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristen B
Adrian, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We stayed here last feb. This place is gross, Totaly dirty all the way around. We got one of the hot tub rooms for one night. it was gross. there was dirty socks, underware and a slipper under the bed, but that was nothing. I found used syringe under ther as well. front desk didnt care. I saw this great deal on groupon but quickly realised it was this place and didnt buy it.

Room Tip: dont go here!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple