“Best B & B IN THE WORLD.”
Review of Burnt Toast Inn

Burnt Toast Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My sister and I stayed in Burnt Toast for 2 nights. After travelling the world for the last 3 years and stayed in many different places, I must stay this was by far one of the best and clean B&B I ever stayed in.

The house is furnished with so many beautiful and fascinating decorations.

Breakfast was beautiful and Sarah was one of a kind.
One of the nights, my sister and I wanted to share a bottle of wine in the front yard and Sarah went out of her way and prepared a little picnic which made our trip unforgettable. When we were leaving, we were running late to catch pour buds and Sarah kindly offered to drop us off which we were able to catch our bus on time. The dogs were so friendly.
I would go back and stay there any time and recommend it to others. It’s comfortable and convenient.
Many thanks Sarah.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary K

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Brief 2 night stay during marathon weekend. Great location, comfortable rooms, albeit shared bathroom (but was travelling with a friend). Missed breakfast on both days due to early starts. Sarah made us all feel very welcome.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Hi Phillip!!

Thanks so very much for taking the time to write a review.. I appreciate it and yes, next time it better be a slower more relaxed visit.!!!. Ann Arbor has much to offer.. I hope Mary Katherine also had a good time. As much as someone can after running 25 miles in great heat..
If you can think of anything I could have done to make your stay even more pleasant do not hesitate to let me know.. It was a bit of a crazy weekend with the road construction and the dirt it brings in..never mind the noise!! Next time book the whole Washington House two blocks over and bring more of your running friends...
Pleae take care, Sarah O

Reviewed 22 June 2012

....for another trip to Burnt Toast soon. Very comfortable room, lovely breakfast, perfect location. We love Buddy and Bo (the dogs) as well as Sarah.

Room Tip: When I came alone, I stayed in the purple room which was great for 1 person, but might have been a l...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Couldnt get a room at the Inn and stayed in the north room in the Washington House. Incredibly close to downtowm, a very nice walk. Room was wonderful with bathroom access outside the bedroom. Sarah has tastefully furnished the house, with a velvet curtain separating the north room in the back from the room and its bathroom in the front. Gorgeous kitchen and very noce downstairs with a huge yard. It's like staying at a friend's house with people you don't know who don't want to get in your way (and vice versa). All in all, a great stay. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Most B&Bs I know are tastefully furnished, but the Burnt Toast is fun and quirky too. And totally comfortable! There are places to kick off your shoes (please) and flop. I'd have felt at home if my home were as much fun to be in. Taking comfort to the max, the owner, Sarah, immediately made sure I had plenty of warm quilts on my bed and a place to set up my computer. (Yes, wi-fi is available throughout.)

The Burnt Toast's location is perfect--an easy walk to the town's many restaurants, shops, and the farmer's market--and go by quick public transit, bike, or drive to any part of the sprawling campus. The owner gives as much--or as little--advise as one would like on the area.

Similarly, one can socialize with the very interesting guests or not. Privacy is respected, but conversation easily available. None of the "forced friendliness" here that one finds is some B&Bs.

Except, of course, with the canine population! Do not come here if you don't like dogs. Big ones.

I stayed in the attic, which has a double bed and a day bed; a huge, warm, fabulous bathroom; eaves and artwork and kitsch galore. Stairs are steep, however.

If you need an accessible place, more space, and/or a gourmet kitchen, the owner has another property around the corner that is stunning inside and out. I believe it is accessible, but check with the owner.

I've not stayed at another property in Ann Arbor, so I cannot compare. However, I know I could not find a better place for my particular temperament. If you think yours is similar, stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family