“Inviting and convenient, with flexible friendliness”
Review of Burnt Toast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ann Arbor
Burnt Toast Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Chattanooga, TN
“Inviting and convenient, with flexible friendliness”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Most B&Bs I know are tastefully furnished, but the Burnt Toast is fun and quirky too. And totally comfortable! There are places to kick off your shoes (please) and flop. I'd have felt at home if my home were as much fun to be in. Taking comfort to the max, the owner, Sarah, immediately made sure I had plenty of warm quilts on my bed and a place to set up my computer. (Yes, wi-fi is available throughout.)

The Burnt Toast's location is perfect--an easy walk to the town's many restaurants, shops, and the farmer's market--and go by quick public transit, bike, or drive to any part of the sprawling campus. The owner gives as much--or as little--advise as one would like on the area.

Similarly, one can socialize with the very interesting guests or not. Privacy is respected, but conversation easily available. None of the "forced friendliness" here that one finds is some B&Bs.

Except, of course, with the canine population! Do not come here if you don't like dogs. Big ones.

I stayed in the attic, which has a double bed and a day bed; a huge, warm, fabulous bathroom; eaves and artwork and kitsch galore. Stairs are steep, however.

If you need an accessible place, more space, and/or a gourmet kitchen, the owner has another property around the corner that is stunning inside and out. I believe it is accessible, but check with the owner.

I've not stayed at another property in Ann Arbor, so I cannot compare. However, I know I could not find a better place for my particular temperament. If you think yours is similar, stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Maastricht
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Nice and easy, quite and clean, helpful and friendly. Good place to be in the center of Ann Arbor. I loved it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Geauga County
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife and I spent a long week-end at the Burnt Toast Inn in Ann Arbor, MI. This B & B is a gem! We were greeted by the Innkeeper, Sarah, and her welcoming committee, Bo and Buddy, and instantly made to feel welcome. Our room the Master Suite, was well appointed and very clean. Sarah thought of everything that might be needed during our stay. Breakfasts were wonderful and filling. When my wife and I are back in SE Michigan, we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The Master and Attic Suites have separate bath rooms. Choose these for added privacy.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GeaugaGuy
santa monica
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We have stayed at the Burnt Toast five times so far while visiting our daughter at UMich. We have found both the Williams house and Washington House incredibly comfortable and Sarah is a terrific host. She thinks of every detail and has everything readily available in or near the rooms such as shampoos, soaps, extra washcloths, pod style coffee makers, chocolate and snacks. We love being able to walk to the YMCA and the Main Street restaurants. It is located in a cute neighborhood and Sara has a real flare for decorating so the rooms are very quaint and attractive.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank michelle n
Remus, Michigan
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I thought the Inn was clean and the rooms were warm enough at nite. Sarah was very friendly and easy to talk to. I love Buddy and Bo a lot.

Room Tip: I stayed in the purple and gold room and they were very nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo