“Still great after all these years”
Review of Dominick's

Dominick's
Ranked #106 of 634 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Dominick's has been an Ann Arbor institution since the 1960s (and before), with an old style cracked sidewalk motif serving Mason jar beers and sangria since forever... Acquisition of the eastern side house and its conversion from two houses into one restaurant, connecting via walkway, adding a great patio area with fountain in the back has all added to its newfound ambiance. We stopped into town for a quick appetizer and sangria fix, and were wonderfully surprised by the tastiness of the garlic bread as well as the smoothness that the sangria provided. Much of the eclectic decorations are originals from faraway European venues that have interested stories associated with them. It was very nice to see that the restaurant has passed to the next generation of family members, without missing a culinary beat!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

You'd never know it from outside looking at the house front of Dominicks right smack in the middle of a part of campus but there's a nice courtyard area complete with fountain, Arbor, flowers, and little structures decorating the space.

As for the food, I tried the eggplant Parmesan and my wife had the eggplant Parmesan sandwich. Both were tasty. The salad that came with my meal was fresh and interesting. I'd give this place five stars if it was a little less expensive. Lunch without drinks was over $30 which even for Ann Arbor is a bit steep. But it was a good lunch and I will go back.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Visited with colleagues after work for a small celebration. The chilled IPA was great and refreshing after a sultry hot day. The appetizer was great and everyone had fun and our event went well!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Dominick's is clearly an Ann Arbor institution. It oozes character, with the old Chinese architecture and the classic brews. However, it shows its age. In spite of being mostly open-air, Dominick's is catastrophically loud. The food also adds up quickly in price, with the entrees nearing $15. I also don't like that they have no refills on non-alcoholic drinks, which are usually standard at bars. Based on my experience, I prefer to drink elsewhere. There are plenty of places that are cheaper and more fun in Ann Arbor.

1  Thank ATL_Jacket
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

My husband wanted to go to Dominicks for old times sake. It was my first time there and I loved it! Their patio is inviting and relaxing...

My hubby and I shared the veggie quesadilla. Delicious!!!

I've heard their sangria is top notch. Indeed, it is! Couldn't stop drinking it..

Nice place to hangout with friends!