“Classic”
Review of Dominick's

Dominick's
Ranked #108 of 629 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Back at Dominick's after many years. The only thing that has changed is that the beer is better. The sangria is still top notch as is the eggplant sandwich. The patio is still great. My whole family loved this place.

1  Thank MortyNik

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Dominicks is a casual Italian restaurant with a lovely courtyard. Must try the Sangria. It's especially popular with alums before the game on football Saturdays.

1  Thank DeannaAB
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Have been here three times. We are not students but one of us likes to reminisce and eat here to remember his days as a student at U of M many years ago.

The sandwiches are awesome! They are toasted perfectly with delicious fillings. I'm not usually a sandwich person but I do love these sandwiches. Skip the soup.

1  Thank sunset29
Reviewed 11 August 2016

I suspect that if you are a student, you don't need to read a review of this place, you have already been here. The food is average sub-shop fare, with lots of Italian pasta choices. I really like the atmosphere, an old house downtown with outdoor seating in front and back. At lunch recently, it was quiet, but I can see how it would be rocking before, after, and during a game. I really enjoyed the sangria, it was not over sweet. It's not full service, you place your order and then wait for your name to be called. Definitely try it out if you are in town, but not for the dining experience.

1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We were a party of ten parents with three kids along for the ride. Two of the kids were under 21, but were allowed in when accompanied by parents. Most people order at the counter and pick up food and drinks when their name is called. We paid extra to run a tab (not sure how much but for our party size it was worth it!) and got table service. The drink to order is the Constant Buzz! Not sure what is in it, but it is a frozen, sweet concoction that hit the spot. We also partook of thesaurus and beer...both of which were excellent. NB! The drinks come in a large mason jar that is used as the pitcher! The glasses are smaller jars...so you just keep on filling them up...because...they are small, right? How much could you really be drinking? We ordered salads, pizza swings to accompany our drinks. Everything was yummy! The only downside was we were seated outside and it was about 90 degrees...soon forgotten, after a couple of Constant Buzzes. I didn't attend University of Michigan, but I am guessing Dominick's has a bunch of regulars that do/did...sort of like Smokey Joe's at U Penn (Hoorah!). Definitely add this place to your A2 agenda. You won't be sorry!

1  Thank unicent