“Japanese name, Korean owners”
Review of Totoro

Totoro
Ranked #169 of 645 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Consistently decent food, quick service, and convenient. Japanese name but the staff were all speaking Korean. I asked my server why, as the restaurant's entire menu it's Japanese food (miso soup, tonkatsudon, gyoza, etc.). He told me most Japanese restaurants in Michigan are run by Koreans. I'll go back.

1  Thank Jessica K

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Decent sushi, on par with a lot of the sushi available in Ann Arbor. I didn't really find anything extra special about it, but it tasted fresh and pleasant. Convenient if you are in the campus area.

1  Thank Calliope23
Reviewed 9 February 2014

this is a small japanese eatery. frequented by university students it is narrow and extends to the back. my favorite meal here is not on the menu. ask for a TUNA TOWER. this is avocado ,sushi tuna stacked on top of sushi rice, sprinkled with sesame seeds and tobiko. comes with miso soup and standard japanese salad with ginger dressing. very filling and reasonable price. i guess it is a kind of deconstructed sushi experience. very tasty!

1  Thank rodoc
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I went to the restaurant today to meet some friends, we had delish bento and udon but the waiter was SO RUDE. She came up to our table after we were done eating to look at the tips and got mad at us because we didn't give exactly 15%. She forced us to give her more tips.
She just ruined the experience for me.
Never going back again.

2  Thank doremi12345
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Went here on a date with my boyfriend. Service was great. Very friendly. We ordered a volcano tuna roll and a Dancing with Wolves roll. We had never tried either. If you like spicy Tuna and want to take the spice up 5 more notches the Volcano roll is for you. The real gem was the Dancing with wolves( I think that's what it was called) we loved it so much we ordered a second roll. If your a fan of avocado and cream cheese and awesomeness then you have to try it! Our overall experience was great.

1  Thank Arenaud3

Been to Totoro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK