All reviews barn door frosted glass modern hotel exceptional staff several times a year appointed rooms king size state street wonderful hotel a great stay sofa bed place to sleep sitting area breakfast area workout room indoor pool yogurt
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Modern clean clean clean hotel. Staff amazing, lobby amazing g and actually has a library. Watched World Cup in lobby by bar. Real dishes with breakfast Steps to mall and university. Great great value. Only Hyatt for me.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Adam H, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you for leaving such great feedback regarding your experience! Glad we were able to be so accommodating and you were able to enjoy the World Cup action! We certainly look forward to being of service again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

I typically reserve anything less than 3 stars for particularly bad experiences, and while this may have been an outlier, there were enough troubling things about this hotel that warrant it 2 stars. Now for the details.

1. House Keeping: They are severely understaffed. It is understandable that the housekeeping staff will clean the rooms that they need to make ready for new checkins first, but they are so understaffed that they can get to other rooms at around 5. And if you are in the room, you don't want them cleaning it. So, 6 out of the 8 days, we didn't have our rooms cleaned. When I called the front desk and asked if I could schedule it between 11 am 2 pm the next day, they flat out said no.

2. Elevator: This is a new hotel, and I expect things to work well. One of the two elevators was out for a whole day, and maybe part of the next day. Unheard of at a 3-star hotel. That led to delays, people taking the stairs, etc. Imaging taking the stairs with a ton of luggage.

3. Food: Their breakfast spread is good. No complaints. However, the restaurant at the lobby has very few items to choose from, and none for vegetarians (unless you want to eat just greens or a cheese pizza). We ended up going to Sheraton (next door) most days for dinner. Look at the Yelp reviews for Sheraton - for a hotel restaurant, they are great!

4. Credit card machine: Their credit card reader at the restaurant was out for 2 to 3 days. So they only accepted cash or you could put the tab on your room.

5. On one of the days, the housekeeping staff just left their cart in front of our door for the day. Really?

There are plenty of good hotels around. This maybe a symptom of it being a new hotel, but I'd say avoid it if you can.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking some time to leave feedback regarding your experience here with us. I apologize for the issue experienced during, and lack of service. We certainly have addressed issues with our housekeeping department and I apologize for the timing issue. Also the unfortunate timing of the elevator going out, we would’ve certainly assisted with any luggage down to your vehicle! And the credit card machine has been addressed and measures were taken to insure more options are available. Hopefully you allow us to redeem ourselves with the issues and we hope to be of service to you again in the near future!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I prefer this hotel to the other places I have stayed. I prefer the accommodations of the room and especially the comfort. I prefer the option of a lobby bar/coffee. I enjoy the friendliness of the staff from check-in to breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Adam H, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback regarding your experience here! Glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary amenities offered to our valued guests. We look forward to being of service to you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I was really upset with the Hyatt Place. I reserved a room for 3. The reservation was for a double king. Actually I had 2 reservations both double kings because there was a problem with my expedia reservation and it didn't cancel like it should've. When I arrived though there were no more double king rooms. Only a king with a couch that would've been horrible for my elderly moms back. Adam comped us another king room. He was so much more helpful than the first manager who let us out of the extra reservation but would not solve the problem of having to sleep on a couch. I now have to change my yelp review because Adam took such good care of us. Thank you Adam!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Adam H, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking some time to leave such wonderful feedback! I am glad I was able to rectify the situation and get everyone accommodated comfortably in a timely manner. Sorry for the situation you guys had to go through to begin with, just glad it all worked out! We hope you guys come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2018

My brother introduced me to Hyatt Place. I was so impressed by this hotel experience. All of the staff was so kind, understanding, helpful. The hotel is clean, the beds are amazingly comfortable. I will come back soon.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Adam H, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you for taking some time to leave such wonderful feedback regarding your experience here with us! We appreciate the very kind words, I will be more than happy to pass along to the staff to keep up the good work! Glad you were able to enjoy the beds as well! We look forward to making your next experience even better.