All reviews great location free valet parking hill auditorium brick wall can't beat the location new york times bathroom mirror valet service within walking distance small hotel central campus um campus restaurants and shops boutique hotel state street campus visit art fair
Reviewed 10 July 2018

The Hotel is very conveniently located. You are basically on the U of M campus. The room was clean and had internet. Don't count on 1000 TV channels, it is limited Direct TV but mostly sports channels. The elevator walls were covered in packing blankets and smelled like burnt hydraulic fluid. The staff is helpful and friendly but the Valet changed my radio station so it made me wonder what else they were doing in it.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

I am sorry that there were blankets protecting the elevator walls. We were removing the air conditioning units and cleaning them so we used blankets to protect the walls of the elevator. I wish we would have know this was a concern because we would have been more than happy to place you on the first floor so you would not need the elevator.

I will absolutely address the valet changing any settings in vehicles. There is no reason they touch anything in any vehicle. They are in there for about 30 seconds so there is no reason to touch the AC or radio.

I am sorry again for your inconveniences. I hope you give us another chance to prove that we are the best hotel in Ann Arbor.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

The staff and property was wonderful.Troy (valet) went above and beyond and even made us a special pot of coffee one afternoon and boiled some water for tea. The front desk always had our car in front if we notified them that we would be needing it and the valet was not available. The elevator was not working the majority of the time that we were there though they fixed it once but this did not last. The shower took a long time to warm up, but was fine once it warmed up.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to go above and beyond by offering you meeting space for your group many times throughout your stay. It looked like your group had a wonderful weekend and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Bell Tower Hotel is nice, clean and friendly and very convenient for Ann Arbor sites. The valet, check-in and check-out were efficient. I was there foe a wedding and the hotel had given access to the breakfast room for late night visiting.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for a great review and I am glad that your stay was excellent. We look forward to any return visits to the Bell Tower in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Friendly staff, small but well maintained and clean hotel. Great breakfast included for dine in or grab and go. Walking distance to UMich campus with tons of diverse restaurants...many quick dine or take out but a few upscale options tucked in. Cute boutiques for shopping. Felt safe in daytime but a little sketchy at night.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The Bell Tower is an excellent "old time" hotel just off the University of Michigan's Diag. The location is perfect, and the hotel itself has a high quality atmosphere. The old time feel has ups and downs: its endearing that they give you an actual key rather than a swipe card, but also the rooms are a little small.

Staff were excellent. Breakfast (from 7am) was very good.

Word of warning: they lock the doors at 11pm so you may need a cell phone to get in. My battery has died so I was slightly concerned when I saw the locked doors, but thankfully a staff member saw me.

Trip type: Travelled on business
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay. We pride ourselves in offering the finest and safest hotels in the area. You are correct, we lock our doors during the night but our front desk is staffed 24 hours so we are there to open it immediately.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return.

Regards,