“Fabulous Experience at the Bell Tower”
Review of Bell Tower Hotel

Bell Tower Hotel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This past week I visited the University of Michigan with my son and chose to stay at the Bell Tower. The staff at the desk couldn't have been more helpful in pointing out and even looking up cultural events that I could enjoy while my son met up with a friend who already attended. The healthful and delicious continental breakfast was hosted by a delightful server. Even the cleaning staff were personable and accomodating. I just felt like I was truly someone's guest. Its location within the campus, quite near to the Admissions office, across from a concert hall, around the corner from two cinemas and near an eclectic array of restaurants made it completely unnecessary to have a car.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for your kind description of our hotel and location. I love to hear when guests recognize what the hotel and Ann Arbor has to offer!

I hope your son decides that the University of Michigan is the best option for him. Ann Arbor is a great city and U of M is a great University!

Again, thank you for your kind words and best of luck!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

The best thing about this over priced, slightly stuffy but overall nice hotel is the location in downtown Ann Arbor within walking distance to many bars, restaurants and activites. A big problem is NO room service after 10:30pm. Not something I would expect for an average room priced over $200.00 a night. Our room was clean, but could use some updates-none of which were a real issue. The adjoining restaurant (Mercy's with French/Asian cuisine) was good, but not spectacular as far as food and prices. I think a better bang for your buck could be made by any number of other restaurants within walking distance. A plus: Complimentary valet parking which was efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: We had a small balcony off our room which would have been nice to use if it hadn't been February...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenRMatt
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to deliver room service from Mercy's past 10:30PM. Hopefully you contacted the front desk so we were able to order from the numerous local restaurants that are able to deliver to your room.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Bell Tower Hotel. It's location right in the middle of the U of M campus was great. The room was very nice and clean and the staff was warm and helpful. The hotel itself has a very warm, welcoming feel about it - not your sterile lobby type - more like an old world hotel, yet very up to date (including free in-room wi-fi).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you appreciate our European style lobby and decor. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Thank you again and good travels!

Reviewed 8 February 2012

I recently took my high school senior to visit University of Michigan. I chose to stay at the Bell Tower since everything in the main campus is within walking distance and you can walk through Ann Arbor very easily to shop or find a nice restaurant for lunch or dinner. The accomodations are very nice w/ attractive decor and very comfortable beds. They had everything I needed to be comfortable and I appreciated the free breakfast, which had plenty of items to satisfy until lunch. It was also very quiet in our room at night. Additionally, the staff is very friendly and helpful. They gave me an excellent referral for transportation to and from the airport, which made the trip even easier. I will definitely stay at the Bell Tower again. kh

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
belltowerhotel, General Manager at Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thank you for visiting the Bell Tower. We understand the importance of making your travel as easy as possible. Providing the best guest service in Ann Arbor is our mission and I feel each and every staff member tries their best.

Best of luck on your child's collegiate decision but I vote for U of M.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 31 January 2012

The Bell Tower is a gem. Whenever we are staying over in Ann Arbor our first choice is The Bell Tower. We highly recommend it. Truthfully, it is THE place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for believing we are the "place to stay". Very gracious comments!