All reviewsfirst floormoteltvmichiganelevatorlakeshoreowner
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Great room. The room and bathroom were very spacious and clean. If you don't travel light or don't climb stairs well - please remember to request a room on the first floor - no elevator. Coffee is available at all times. Breakfast selection is decent. Did not swim, but the pool looked nice.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty with stairs, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Allegan doesn't have much in the way of motels, I think there are 2 plus a couple of B&Bs. I grew up in town and there has never been much more than this. This place is fine if you need a place to stay the rooms are clean, the AC works, there is coffee in the morning. At weekday/summertime $100/night it is overpriced, but people going to the lakeshore often stay here, which drives up the price (and it is still much cheaper than motels near the lakeshore). Still, for that price I expect better towels, and clean sheets at least every other day. The television in our room was tiny, we didn't plan to watch much and didn't but it still seemed odd. The beds were reasonably comfortable. I suppose that if I go back and need a motel, I would stay here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a cheaper alternative to staying in Holland, Michigan and this was it. Definitely an older place, but appears to be taken care of. Didn't find the mattress very comfortable, but that's a common complaint coming from me. Owner was friendly and let my son stay in the pool a little past closing time since we had just arrived.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 16 July 2017

As the title says, this is a quiet hotel in the middle of a nice town. The reception area is a bit misleading, as it's not where you expect it to be (there are signs to direct you).

The hotel has a new building and an older one - we stayed in the new one. It was big and clean. The room was big and comfortable. Because of the quiet atmosphere, the small fridge in the room became more noticeable during the night.

We were on the 2nd floor, without an elevator. The wooden floor beneath the carpet squeaked a little at certain location when walking. There was also a simple breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I would recommend this hotel, Pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Our room was VERY CLEAN and that is important to me. Not a bad drive at all to Holland, straight shoot. I will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family