See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 January 2015

The hostal is situated in the city centre and close to the sea. Due to its location in a small street, there is not a lot of noice despite its central location. The room was very small, there was hardly any space for my backpack, but it did not bother me much, since I only stayed for one night. Everything was very clean and modern. I would have definitely enjoyed staying in that hostel a while longer!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My stay was relatively short in January 2014 but had a terrible experience. I stayed in a triple room with private bathroom. Expensive clothes were stolen out of my closed luggage -including underwear- on the second day. They claimed the cleaning staff had only entered my room, and therefore, blamed it on them and said the "hostel would not take responsibility for the theft". After several discussions with the hostel's personnel, they refunded the amount of one night's stay (which didn't cover the worth of the stolen pieces). The hostel's owner was very rude and even said it was my fault "I didn't notice my luggage was not as I had left it".
The hostel's prices are way too high for what it has to offer. Breakfast is poor, cleaning is not the best, the personnel is not welcoming and rooms are very noisy. Location is good, but not worth it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pilar E
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The owners were friendly, helpful and accommodating. The prices were reasonable. The room and bathroom were clean and looked cared for. The location is amazing - right on the main street, near the beaches. My only complaint would be the lack of a common room. The hostel is a great place to spend the night, but there isn't a nice place to spend the morning planning your day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hostal Magnolio is really near the beaches of Viña del Mar and right next to San Martin avenue. So, if you are looking for a hostel with great location, this may be a good option.
Breakfast was ok, the room if ok, the bathroom is very small but ok and the attention was very kind.
On the downside:
- Even though there are pictures of common areas, there's no terrace or common areas at all (like a room with couches and small tables to rest and use internet or watch TV).
- The use of the kitchen, unlike any other hostel I've ever been been to before is a bit frowned upon, and seems to be mostrly for internal use.
- The price is too high for the services and the infrastructure, perhaps they charge for the location.
- There's a noisy parking lot right next to the rooms in the back.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms in the back for a quieter rest at night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

It's really near the beaches and right next to San Martin street, so if you want something near the beach and the san martin area go for it. Breakfast was bad, it was supposed to be american breakfast but we only got 1 bread, butter, jam and coffee. No jiuce or more bread to eat. Room was ok, and bathroom was ok. I think the best thing of the hostal is the location. Price is a high for a single or double room but I guess you pay the location at the end. People was nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends