“Jan And Slade”

Big Red Adventure Tours
Ranked #3 of 484 Outdoor Activities in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Big Red Desert Adventure Tours Want to experience the desert of the UAE in the most intimate way possible? Want to avoid the hoards of tourists all doing the same typical 4x4 tour? Enjoy adventure? Then there is no better way to experience the UAE desert than to book a Dune Buggy or Quad Bike Tour with Big Red Desert Adventure Tours. We are located at the foot of "Big Red - Dubai's Greatest Dune". The dunes and desert that surrounds our location are of epic proportion and pure bliss. Big Red Dune Buggy and Quad Tours offer tours together with expert tour guides and specialized routes to meet your needs and capabilities. Our tours make ideal gifts and are definitely a top 10 "things to do in Dubai". Whether you're passing by Dubai, or looking for a new and exhilarating experience, Big Red Desert Buggy & Quad Bike Tours will be able to offer you an exciting, stress-free ride, that ensures you have one of the best off road experiences in the desert.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I could tell you a lot about the adventure that my son and I had on the morning of 6 April 2018 at Big Red Motorsports & Adventure Tours. I could tell you about how surprised I was at the quality of the equipment on offer. I don't know how long Big Red has been in operation, but the quads that we took out into the desert were pristine and well maintained. I could also tell you about the personal safety equipment that was provided: helmet, goggles, chest protector, shirt, pants, gloves, and motorcycle boots. I've been to some pretty shady tourist traps over the years where the idea of safety equipment extended only to a baseball cap and not much more, so the safety equipment provided at Big Red was a surprise. But the simplest thing to tell you is that my son and I had a great time. Our guides, Jan and Slade, were friendly and clearly knew their business; having friendly, experienced guides with a sense of humour helped turn a fun adventure into an extraordinary experience. My son and I will definitely be going back to enjoy ourselves again at Big Red Motorsports & Adventure Tours

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"adrenaline rush"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

5 stars are often overrated. Is this case it is thoroughly deserved. The Dune buggy’s are superb. Don’t be concerned about safety. Our South African guide, JD was excellent. You are escorted at all times. Water supplied, proper shop three quarters of the way round the course (yes in the desert!) where the guide insists on buying ice creams and drinks. Buggy's are automatic so no embarrassing engine stalls. You can take this desert adventure at your own pace. My advice would be ‘fast’..... Min age 16 but quad bikes available for younger kids.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I booked a buggy ride for an hour because reviews for the company where great and the tour did not let me down. Slade was my tour guide and was an awesome experience with him. We bonded in one break because he is a petrolhead as I am, our love for motorsports goes far. We went through dunes and sometimes got to speed the buggy for a little fun. The buggies are very fast and have a lot of grip, which is safe if you have driven one before. If this will be your first time, they will know and will take it easy on you. Beware of the extreme sun conditions, wearing sunblock is highly recommended. Overall super experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Couple of Aussi mates catching up for a bit of fun. Slade was our guide and was a great guy who knew the area. Great fun coupe of hours. Highly recommended .