“Just what we needed ”
Review of East Kitchen

East Kitchen
Ranked #3,379 of 10,211 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 268
Description: HEALTHY EATING! Refresh your karma with our east fusion kitchen, Incorporating our selected ingredients, Exotic spices and herbs with a modern European touch. At East Kitchen we are always preparing light, Healthy and fresh fusion food using uniquely harmonious flavours with our creative cooking style. Enjoy our selection of healthy food at East Kitchen.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Scorching day on beach and we were all hungry. My husband had spotted this the day before on way back to hotel. We all ordered our favourite fusion of Thai and my son had sushi. We were all thrilled. Food fab, waiter lovely. A real find.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I was more hungry than usual and so I wanted to eat a rice meal, but I was in a budget. I wanted nice, decent food instead of the microwave-heated meal, so I went to see what East Kitchen had to offer. The place was great! It was spacious. It had a Japanese theme of red and black. Not too dark and not too bright - just right for a good ambiance. The server assisted me with choosing a good rice meal. He was right on. I liked his recommendation. It was also plentiful, which hit the spot. He was really accommodating - asking me if the food was good and if he could assist me with anything.

I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Hidden away in a corner of the Jumairah lakes, but well worth a go. We had a good mix of Indian and Thai food which was all good and pretty cheap.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

I had an appointment at JLT and popped in for an early dinner at East Kitchen. I sat outside. The first thing I noticed was how weather beaten and faded all the outdoor furniture is. The wooden tables are splintered and weak, but I wanted to enjoy the last of the cooler weather, so I risked snagging my dress to enjoy the sun.

The waiter came right away and was attentive and helpful. Then he left to get my drink and another waiter came up and started chatting me up. I was a little confused until the first waiter returned and there was a little waiter-off for whose table I was. That was awkward, but settled rather quickly.

I ordered a California Spicy Tuna and a Tom Kha Gai. Then I stepped inside to use the bathroom. There were three small tables of customers, the manger sitting in the corner diligently working on his computer, and several waitstaff meandering about.

The bathroom is tucked away in the far back- in fact it felt a little claustrophobic getting into it- the hall/tunnel had two sharp turns and was extraordinarily narrow. I used the loo and then realized there was no door handle on the inside- just a turning locking mechanism.

I did everything one would do to get out of a bathroom with no door handle. I turned the locking mechanism in all directions, tried to use the tiny lock handle to pull open the door, tried to get my fingers into the lip of the door- but it was flush to the ceiling and floor.

Finally I pounded on the door like I was remodeling. I was in that bathroom for 15 minutes pounding and turning and not very happy. Then I realized I had my phone- I thought I had left it on the table. So I had to find the restaurant on Google then call to get someone to come let me out.

Here is the infuriating part: the waitress was like, "Oh this happens all the time, madame!" I said, "If this happens ALL of the time there is a huge issue. " She stepped in the already small bathroom stall and shut the door behind her as she said cheekily, "It is very easy, madame!"

Then she proceeded to turn the locking mechanism in wild spins and nothing happened. NOTHING.

Now we were both locked in the small bathroom stall.

After a few moments she finally got the door to pop open, but it was by some divination and spell- there was no rhyme or reason to it. Just spinning the little handle until somehow you could open the door.

I went to the managers table and told him how unprofessional and dangerous it was to have people continually locking themselves in the bathroom and that it must be fixed immediately. He was very apologetic, but much like the waitress, he was very nonchalant about having a bathroom door with no handle and customers having to CALL to be released from said bathroom.

When I went to the table- my food had been presented with me not there and the soup had a film over it and there were small flies buzzing about.

At no time did the manager comp anything, at no time did he approach me to tell me that the problem was being resolved. In fact, the waiter came and checked on me once and then I had to go find him to get my bill.

The one thing that wasn't subpar about East Asian Kitchen was the Tom Kha Gai. It was lovely- even with a cold film on the top. The spicy tuna was soggy and not spicy at all. Every single other aspect was a huge NOPE.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

Second time ordering from here and I regretted it. The sushi was not good at all. The Miso soup tasted funny and the edamame lacked flavor as well. This was the second chance for this place and it will be the last. I cannot recommend this place to anyone.