“Dear Traveler Do not Miss this hotel, from Abdullah Al-Ghamde”

Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City
Ranked #42 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stay in this hotel many times and when every I come to Dubai I prefer to stay on it
My family love it, because of the treatment we got from the staff and the excellent location of the hotel

Room Tip: I think all rooms are very good, make sure you use the sea view side
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear “AbdullahAlGhamde”,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary recommendation of Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read your review and to know that in such few words your explanation made it clear to see how much you and your family enjoyed our hotel and appreciated the helpful and friendly staff. I really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Hotel Manager, Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 5 times and every stay of mine was great. Rooms are clean and modern, staff are friendly and welcoming and every single details is met to ensure you are having a good rest and nice sleep. Breakfast quality is good and views to Creek makes it a good and memorable point to start your day. Room service was on time and meals I had were quite delicious. They are offering a free high speed Internet connection which you can also extend it to a speed up to 8mbs with a nominal fee. Checkin and Check out is smooth and fast.

Room Tip: Rooms are all great, just try their Belgian Cafe which is a must. It offers perfect quality and ambi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank YaserKangani

Dear “yaserkangani”,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a most complimentary review about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City. I was very happy to read that you have stayed with us so many times and have always appreciated the charm and friendliness of my colleagues.

I am glad you enjoyed the high quality breakfast at Zaytoun and also benefited from the complimentary high speed Wi-Fi connection that we provide to all our guests. I am also grateful to receive your kind words regarding the efficient and delicious room service meals. Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and I stayed for 4 days in Fedtival City. The hotel and facilities were great. I used the restaurants, pool, gym, flower shop, lobby cafe, and bar (Belgian Beer) - all were excellent. I found a special on CP's website, which made it a good value. Festival city is touristy, but getting around Dubai by taxi or metro is easy from here. The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. The concierge booked us a desert safari and a car to Abu Dhabi - great guys and gals!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Dflanery

Dear “Dflanery”,

It is very pleasing to learn that you had a "great Crowne Plaza" experience during your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City. Many thanks for posting your review here on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to note you appreciated the efforts of our Reception and Concierge colleagues in making you feel special. They will be delighted to hear that your stay was made much more enjoyable as a result of their commitment to service. I was also delighted to learn that you enjoyed all the other facilities and services at the hotel.

We certainly look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

This was my 4th stay at this hotel I do love everything about it. The receptionist acknowledged my previous stays and the fact that I'm a platinum priority club member. The check in couldnt be faster and I was offered an upgrade to a room on the 17th floor overlooking the creek. Very nice of them.
The room was spacious with nice decorating, large bathroom, large and comfortable bed. And of course a super large window to see pretty much all of Dubai downtown but from a distance.
The hotel is only 15 minutes from Dubai airport. 35 minutes from Sharjah airport. 20 minutes to Dubai mall ( a taxi tide would cost 20-30 dhr)
The breakfast at the hotel is the most complete breakfast I have ever had with pretty much as many options as you would ever think of and the quality of the food is really high.
The hotel is connected to to the intercontinental hotel and connected to the festival center which has some amazing shops and restaurants and is less crowded than the more famous malls in Dubai. Try alfanar restaurant for a taste of local dishes.

Overall a very good stay. Things to improve are :
1- the fridge in the room was locked and we needed to store some drinks which we ended up leaving outside
2- the room has a mold smell. Particularly noticed every time we entered the room. A better ventilation is needed in the room. The floor corridor also has a smell and that needs to be dealt with by the hotel.

Do I recommend anyone staying there? Yes absolutely I have been reccommding this hotel to my colleague since my first visit in 2009

Would I stay there another time? Yes absolutely and I'm expecting the same level of hospitality and probably a bigger upgrade :)

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Worldtraveller1985

Dear “Worldtraveller1985”,

I am glad to know that you had an "amazing" experience during your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for sharing this on TripAdvisor. I was very happy to read that you have stayed with us so many times and have never been disappointed with the level of service and facilities at the hotel.

Thank you for appreciating the complimentary room upgrade that was offered. I was pleased to read that there were positive aspects to your stay, in particular the “spacious” room and bathroom. It was also pleasing to know that you had the chance to explore the restaurants at the nearby Festival Centre shopping mall. Hopefully on your next visit you will enjoy dining at one of our restaurants within the hotel.

Your comments and suggestions regarding the fridge and smell have been taken into consideration and will be shared accordingly.

Thank you once again for recommending us. We hope to have the privilege of having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

The Crowne Plaza Festival City is an amazing place to stay. The staff are helpful and friendly and really make one feel special. The rooms are modern, clean and spacious. A definate must if you are visiting Dubai!

Room Tip: The waterfront side is an extra $65 a night. I found this too expensive but the motorway side has a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear “Mike B”,

I am delighted to learn you had an "amazing" time during your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you found my colleagues to be "helpful and friendly" and also felt comfortable in the "modern, clean and spacious room". Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Best Regards,